Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

Not eligible for return or exchange...wait, what?

I purchased an item on clearance, not seeing that it was "not eligible for return or exchange." After one wear and wash, the shirt developed a hole in it and I sought to return it. I almost NEVER return anything, and it was nearly a month by the time I wore and washed the garment for the first time. I was having difficulty printing the return label, so naturally, I contacted customer service. The customer service rep assured me that I could still return the shirt to QVC as defective and that she was mailing me a return label.

Unfortunately, the label never arrived, so I reached out again, only to now be told that the item "clearly" says it is not returnable. 

Low blow, QVC.  How do I know you didn't add this disclaimer AFTER I placed the order? And how do you not accept a return on something that's clearly defective and damaged, ESPECIALLY after telling me that you would?!?

As a VERY faithful and frequent shopper, I am frankly shocked that my patronage has been treated so shabbily. 

I strongly suggest you all take screen shots when you first place your orders, and don't order anything that you can't return, if it is in fact clearly identified that you can't return an item.  I personally think it should be illegal to refuse a return on a damaged item. Perhaps a class action suit is in the offing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not eligible for return or exchange...wait, what?

As a frequent shopper myself, I understand your concerns. I don't know if you are aware or not, but, it happens across the board now with online shopping. Amazon, eBay, and others have items that are non returnable. We just have to be meticulous about reading the descriptions. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

With this policy on some items, I wouldnt buy those items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

With this policy on some items, I wouldnt buy those items.

@patbz 

I think this is part of the problem.  Some of the clearance items are supposedly marked down considerably and are not eligible for returns or refunds of any kind.  But not all the clearance items have this restriction.  That could get confusing.

Also, customer service isn't always aware of what's going on.  However, if someone told you that your item was returnable, you should be able to return it.

Honored Contributor

I saw that warning for the first time a few weeks ago.  Certainly would make me think twice about ordering and would only order an item under $20 so that if there were a problem, it could just be donated.  Buyer beware--the times they are a changin'!

Honored Contributor

I bought a couple of the clearance non-returnable items.  There was absolutely no doubt, according to the labelling,  that I  could not return them.  Happily, they worked well for me

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No screen shot needed, just go to My Account & look at your Orders...pull up the shirt & you'll see if it was sold with the Not Eligable for Returns or Exchanges notice, it's printed in red & easy to see. Call back, CS told me you can return the No returns if it's  defective or the wrong item shipped. Good Luck @Suziqzee.

Esteemed Contributor

I took a chance on a "no returns" item.

It was from a brand I like. I ordered it knowing there was no option to return.

It was a rare love it or hate it item.

You wouldn't have a 'meh' react to it.

Sadly, had to throw it out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziqzee 

The items not eligible for return have been clearly marked in the description.

MANY retailers use 'Final Sale' ...it has been done as long as I can remember.  Clearance bins, overstocks, etc.  It is up to us to read all stipulations on a greatly reduced item.

However, if you truly were within your 30 day period for this defective item, your account would be notated that you called.  All calls to C/S are logged.  The first C/S that told you they would send you a label would have noted this.

I would not accept the 2nd reps explanation.

Contact a moderator to help you.  They will be able to verfiy that you did call before the 30 days was up regarding your defective item.

EDITED TO ADD:

This is a fairly new selling tactic by QVC.  It is quite possible you ordered before it went to Final Sale depending on your dates.

I ordered a faux leather jacket.  About a week after receiving, I noticed it went to discount and final sale.  It was NOT a clearance when I ordered it.

I ordered it August 8th.  So this blowout pricing did not start until after that date.

Respected Contributor

I have noticed this disclaimer on some items on line lately and have not bought for that particular reason. I hate this is happening because that’s what drew me to the Q to begin with.

Now I’m wondering how they decide which item(s) are not eligible.