Honored Contributor

QVC Mods, I'm not sure if this is a Suggestion or Customer Care...

Can you share with TPTB that it is extremely frustrating to read reviews of products that the reviewer has clearly not even purchased yet?  There are several reviews that state phrases such as, "This is a great company, I know these will be fantastic.  I cannot wait to order these!" and they give it a 5-star rating.  Or, conversely, "I wish they offered it in navy, then I would have purchased one of these tops" and they give a 1-star rating. 

How about adopting HSN's system where they won't even allow a review until at least 5 days after the item has been delivered?  That may at least minimize some of these non-review reviews. 

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I pretty much ignore at least 50% of the reviews here and everywhere.  So many come from people who shop far differently from the way I do, so they're just not much help.

The 5-day delay might help, but I also have to tell you plenty of the reviews where the companies actually try to police what's printed are worthless, too.  The vast majority are just too much opinion and very little fact.

I have my own opinions.  If a review is to help me decide, it's got to be factual and paint me a picture of the good and the bad.  Glowing or ugly -  that really doesn't cut it, and I just don't see any companies policing that kind of review.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I wholeheartedly agree.  Some of us work very hard to write accurate, helpful reviews then they print garbage like Caaareful Shopper mentioned.  I've even seen them review a totally different item than the review product.  It's like a brainless machine approves the reviews. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment