Respected Contributor

Re: No return labels included anymore

@Kachina624 wrote:

I make my own label by using a 3X5 card.  The addresses to which your item should be returned depends on where you live and are listed in the customer service section, then take it to the post office and pay for it.

@Kachina624. When you do that what do you put in your package so they know who it's from and how you want your return handled?

Respected Contributor

I think it's a bad move on their part. I guess if you do get a return label and don't plan to return that item, save it for possible future use for another item. 

Respected Contributor

The no return label is the last straw for me. 

I don't have a printer and I don't drive and I have 2 items to return. 

The second item I ordered I received someone else's item so I had a label for that one. I sent it back and when I called to let them know I wanted to cancel the second item. CS said I couldn't until I sent this other persons order back. Sorry not my fault they shipped me the wrong order.  They shipped out the item again even though I didn't want it. Now I have to send both back because their clothes sizing was way off.  I finally got the second thing I ordered but no label. I was going to do free exchanges but not anymore. It's too much of a hassle. 

I don't know how to do the usps pickup thing or have any way to print it off. I think they expect you to just give up and keep the dang thing!

I am done ordering. 

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I make my own label by using a 3X5 card.  The addresses to which your item should be returned depends on where you live and are listed in the customer service section, then take it to the post office and pay for it.

@Kachina624. When you do that what do you put in your package so they know who it's from and how you want your return handled?

@Winkk   I just include a plain sheet of paper with all the info that would be on the invoice, especially the ORDER NUMBER.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@reviewer from sc wrote:

I remember that someone else had a similar thread a few weeks or so ago. I'm guessing that the companies are cutting out return shipping labels because all shipping services are raising their shipping rates. Thus, it's no longer cost efficient to include a return shipping label in every customer's box/envelope. Also, they probably can't continue to charge $6.95 for the return. They may have to go up on that, as well. 

I had some time to research a little bit, and I found out that if you use Paypal to pay for your item, you can return up to 12 purchases totally free! From what I understand, they only allow 12 purchases in a calendar year. It resets on January 1st. You have to use Paypal at checkout to purchase the item. I've already used this option once at another online store. I chose the FedEx option, and I dropped off the package at my local FedEx location. Easy.

However, if you don't like that option, you can use USPS. If the item is under 16 ounces, you can send the package first class (usually around $6.00 and change), but you're really taking a chance--no insurance. A Priority flat-rate padded envelope is $9.65. That includes insurance up to $50, and the weight can be up to 15 pounds (I think). 

If anyone else has some suggestions... Otherwise, I understand why online companies like QVC have to raise prices, cut services, etc.. I don't like it, but I understand it. I find that I'm extra careful now with my online purchases, and I purchase more from a brick-&-mortar store because of shipping. 

@reviewer from sc They are not providing return shipping labels because they want you to come back to the website to prepare your item for return.  At least that's what Amazon does.  They are hoping that when you sign back on to print, or requst a pick up of your package you'll shop.  The more time they have you at the website logged in the better chance they have you'll spend $$$.  Amazon has been doing this for YEARS.  Others are just playing catch up.  They are making it incovenient for their benefit, not for the customer.  This inconvenience is not customer centered.

The thing for the Q is that once you place an order with them, you have an account automatically.  Other places, you can shop w/o creating an account and just check out as a guest without creating an account.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

The no return label is the last straw for me. 

I don't have a printer and I don't drive and I have 2 items to return. 

The second item I ordered I received someone else's item so I had a label for that one. I sent it back and when I called to let them know I wanted to cancel the second item. CS said I couldn't until I sent this other persons order back. Sorry not my fault they shipped me the wrong order.  They shipped out the item again even though I didn't want it. Now I have to send both back because their clothes sizing was way off.  I finally got the second thing I ordered but no label. I was going to do free exchanges but not anymore. It's too much of a hassle. 

I don't know how to do the usps pickup thing or have any way to print it off. I think they expect you to just give up and keep the dang thing!

I am done ordering. 

Yes, I think so too @luvmyteddy4 .  Amazon has been doing it for a long time.  No paper in their boxes. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Contributor

Thank you for that information!  I didn't know hat about PayPal 

Super Contributor

I hope this is not correct but I do know I have had to ask for a label to be sent out to me because I have no printer.Sometimes it takes weeks to get them through the mail, and I have had to do this a few times in the last few months  And why is it taking so long for returns ???

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a printer either. However, Even if I did, I don't feel it's my responsibility to have to deal with printing out a receipt. So now I have to call to have them mail me a packing slip. Then, now they want you to contact them to tell them you're return is on the way.
There is nothing convenient about this whole process, so I guess they should leave out the "C" in their name!
Honored Contributor

I have read several posters mentioning they have not gotten a return label. I do not order a lot but in the last two weeks I have received two packages, and both had return labels.  

I wonder if it depends of where the item was shipped from.