Contributor

No return labels included anymore

I needed to return an item and didn't find the return label and when I tried to print the label the label wouldn't print!  Had to call customer service and they told me QVC is no longer including the return label!  Okay but if my printer can't print the label that means I have to call them every time!  Not convenient!  Didn't know they had changed their policy on returns!  Just frustrated!  Was easier to use their return and let them pay for it! Not happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No return labels included anymore

Same with HSN.

That, combined with the outrageous charge just to essentially try on a clothing item, and I'm out.

Esteemed Contributor

Saves the company money .

Trusted Contributor

wow.  I just received two items yesterday and they had return labels.  Sometimes I get one just on paper, that I have to tape on.  But I agree-- if they aren't going to include the label, I probably will be more selective.  My printer for some reason never seems to work. LOL.  I have a feeling it's user error.  LOL

Honored Contributor

It is hit or miss with the labels.  I ordered a few things that had labels but last week I didn't.

Honored Contributor

I make my own label by using a 3X5 card.  The addresses to which your item should be returned depends on where you live and are listed in the customer service section, then take it to the post office and pay for it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

No, what you print from them   comes out very very light, if thats the problem you're having.

What gets me is they charge you UPS prices for s/h , yet your local  P.O. ends up delivering the package..

Someone is making extra monies.

Honored Contributor

@pieman wrote:

No, what you print from them   comes out very very light, if thats the problem you're having.

What gets me is they charge you UPS prices for s/h , yet your local  P.O. ends up delivering the package..

Someone is making extra monies.

@pieman    I dare you to take a garment to UPS and get it shipped for $3.50.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I remember that someone else had a similar thread a few weeks or so ago. I'm guessing that the companies are cutting out return shipping labels because all shipping services are raising their shipping rates. Thus, it's no longer cost efficient to include a return shipping label in every customer's box/envelope. Also, they probably can't continue to charge $6.95 for the return. They may have to go up on that, as well. 

I had some time to research a little bit, and I found out that if you use Paypal to pay for your item, you can return up to 12 purchases totally free! From what I understand, they only allow 12 purchases in a calendar year. It resets on January 1st. You have to use Paypal at checkout to purchase the item. I've already used this option once at another online store. I chose the FedEx option, and I dropped off the package at my local FedEx location. Easy.

However, if you don't like that option, you can use USPS. If the item is under 16 ounces, you can send the package first class (usually around $6.00 and change), but you're really taking a chance--no insurance. A Priority flat-rate padded envelope is $9.65. That includes insurance up to $50, and the weight can be up to 15 pounds (I think). 

If anyone else has some suggestions... Otherwise, I understand why online companies like QVC have to raise prices, cut services, etc.. I don't like it, but I understand it. I find that I'm extra careful now with my online purchases, and I purchase more from a brick-&-mortar store because of shipping. 

Respected Contributor

I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago.  I was told QVC was phasing out return labels and I was to print my own.  My printer is not working.  Called CS and they put in  request for UPS to pick it up.  All other retailers I deal with still include return labels.

I have only been  buying what I know won't need returning.