Honored Contributor

Re: No Hearts and Problem Paging with @ sign

@mzlg wrote:

@EdithEllenLily,  I like the Hearts too!  But, if the Q does/has change(d) them for the Thumb, I guess, I will just have to "Heart" my own for the poster with a post of a Heart ... even w/o a comment.

However, like you, I really like the Heart too! 

@mzlg I understand what you're saying! Add the Heart to your message that you are writing! We need to keep the Hearts somehow! We Heart them! Heart Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Eva-QVC

Thanks Eva.  I am being notified when someone is 'speaking to me'.  In order for me to 'speak' to you, I had to manually key in your name after the @  sign.

I'm on a different computer, however this one is also a PC running windows, lol.

You know me, this little glitch won't stop me from gabbing. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@eva-QVC   My @with names is still not working for me.  I had to check your full name to @ you on this.

Not sure if anyone else is still having this problem.  Don't know if Susan-QVC is still here or if we have another Mod.

Thanks for your help. 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Bird mama@ I just tried the @ notification and the drop-down menu appeared and I was able to select and post your name, so that may be fixed now (at least for me...)

@Susan-QVC Would you please let us know if hearts are being replaced by thumbs up? If so, that is a shame. We are used to the hearts and we like them. It brings a lot of camaraderie and friendship between posters. If the hearts are gone, I will really miss them.

@stevieb @handygal2 @skyblue @Serendipity @BlingQueen022 @jaxs mom @Boehm Collector @gramygram @NycVixen @hicindy2  @athenian @1Professor @asoutherngirl @Sister Golden Hair

With so many other issues on this board, I don't know why they mess with the one thing that works.🙄 @EdithEllenLily@Bird mama@stevieb

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Add this Windows 7, 64 bit laptop user with Explorer 11 browser to the list with "thumbs up" replacing hearts and NO @ paging menu...so have to chase around the forum for exact nic spellings, if I want someone notified!  Pretty inconvenient. Woman Mad

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

i am not having any problems using the @ symbol and bringing up the dropdown box. just a fyi when talking about problems with the boards, it helps to let the mods know what you are using (computer, phone, tablet) and what browser you are using so that when they contact the IT department they have a better handle about what is going on.

evidently, it is not affecting everyone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I am also having the same problem with hearts and @. I thought that it was something funky with my computer. Glad to know that it's not a problem on my end.

Honored Contributor

Hi, it's me, the OP.  From my perspective, the @  thing was yet one more issue with me using Internet Explorer.  Love MSN but that browser has even prevented me from accessing banking info - had to let it go.

So, using another browser, I am back in business !!!!

From the blue thumb perspective, I understand that when I heart someone they receive a heart and I receive a blue thumb, making it easy for me to identify the posts I've hearted.  Also makes it easier (click the blue thumb) if I want to unheart a post which rarely happens except when posting is fast and furious and I'm on a roll, ha ha ha.

In summary - I'm cool with what's going on :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Hi, it's me, the OP.  From my perspective, the @  thing was yet one more issue with me using Internet Explorer.  Love MSN but that browser has even prevented me from accessing banking info - had to let it go.

So, using another browser, I am back in business !!!!

From the blue thumb perspective, I understand that when I heart someone they receive a heart and I receive a blue thumb, making it easy for me to identify the posts I've hearted.  Also makes it easier (click the blue thumb) if I want to unheart a post which rarely happens except when posting is fast and furious and I'm on a roll, ha ha ha.

In summary - I'm cool with what's going on :-)

Hi, @Bird mama  Since IE is being replaced by Microsoft Edge, the former is getting very little attention by Microsoft and the latter is still pretty new...  so both of those tend to be problematic, especially on this website.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova