Respected Contributor

Re: No Guarantee in Guaranteed Delivery by Christmas

Very soon you'll realize what an overstatement post this is...QVC didn't ruin Christmas because a Sprocket didn't arrive & I know that you know there are no guarantees in life including shipping. Wishing the soon to be married couple All The Best!

The same thing happened to me!  I called customer service today.  Apparently, it was delivered on 12/21 and someone signed for it.  I live alone and so it’s impossible for someone to sign for it.  Customer service asked if I knew who the person was, and I said I live alone.  Also, qvc has not required signatures for more expensive items, and so not sure why they just didn’t leave in our lock box.  We need a key to get our mail and delivery.  Now, it’s sold out and I cannot get a replacement.  I waited even past the holidays because we had wanted the camera to take photos of my dog who is dying and on hospice.  It’s so hard knowing someone took the camera especially when I ordered the camera to record whatever time I have left with my little girl.  We live in a tight knit neighborhood and just an baffled by who would do something like this.  I live alone and have been very ill for years.  My dog is my family and when I discovered she was dying I ordered the camera to make a scrapbook.

I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain.  I have been crying all day knowing the sprocket was sold out and some jerk decided to take advantage of a delivery mistake and take my HP sprocket.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids.....while I totally agree with you...QVC should STOP TELLING customers 'guaranteed delivery by such and such date'........I don't order much gift wise from QVC so  I don't run into this problem, but the customer believes and expects what they are told.   QVC needs to change their policy next year.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Very soon you'll realize what an overstatement post this is...QVC didn't ruin Christmas because a Sprocket didn't arrive & I know that you know there are no guarantees in life including shipping. Wishing the soon to be married couple All The Best!

If everyone gives the Q a pass on the shipping question, they will have no incentive to improve.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

There's one more advantage to ordering/receiving before Thanksgiving......the "porch pirates" usually don't come out quite that early.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh please, there are no guarantees in life...ever. @QVCkitty1

Respected Contributor

I feel QVC should just stop lying.  Problem solved.

Respected Contributor

And there are lots of "folks" on these forums who should just stop lying, too.

Respected Contributor

@Maltmom wrote:

The same thing happened to me!  I called customer service today.  Apparently, it was delivered on 12/21 and someone signed for it.  I live alone and so it’s impossible for someone to sign for it.  Customer service asked if I knew who the person was, and I said I live alone.  Also, qvc has not required signatures for more expensive items, and so not sure why they just didn’t leave in our lock box.  We need a key to get our mail and delivery.  Now, it’s sold out and I cannot get a replacement.  I waited even past the holidays because we had wanted the camera to take photos of my dog who is dying and on hospice.  It’s so hard knowing someone took the camera especially when I ordered the camera to record whatever time I have left with my little girl.  We live in a tight knit neighborhood and just an baffled by who would do something like this.  I live alone and have been very ill for years.  My dog is my family and when I discovered she was dying I ordered the camera to make a scrapbook.

I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain.  I have been crying all day knowing the sprocket was sold out and some jerk decided to take advantage of a delivery mistake and take my HP sprocket.  

Doesn’t sound like the same thing to me.  Your package was apparently stolen.  Sorry about your little dog.  Not familiar with dog hospice.  Maybe not documenting it’s dying is actually a blessing.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Oh please, there are no guarantees in life...ever. @QVCkitty1

@kitcat51, then why do it ?? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan