Honored Contributor

Re: No Guarantee in Guaranteed Delivery by Christmas

@Meema1

I was thinking this year that if reasonable deals were happening in November, just before Black Friday, I would buy then.

My thinking was that methods of transport keep changing (UPS/USPS/FEDEX/INNOVATIONS, etc) and people kept posting that their packages went in odd directions before delivery. So I opted for “way early.”

I am thinking that nobody wants the last-minute shopper —- too much returns mess and in general, heart palpitations.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Meema1 Nope. Ordering on the 16th and expecting it for Christmas? no way. Not at the holiday season.

Next time, shop earlier.

Yes, earlier or elsewhere. I suspect there were retailers that could've and would've made it happen in what was essentially six days... rather than just guaranteeing to do it and then failing miserably... Still, six days is not a lot of time during the holiday shopping and shipping season...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Visitor

Happened to me as well..and I paid extra for faster shipping. So ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

Pray tell, why didn't you order the item with Amazon Prime and have it in your hot little hands in two days so as to be able to gift it before the wedding? Seems an obvious choice to me. 

Fa La La La La La La La La.   

Honored Contributor

This is a new poster who does not have the collective experience of the shoppers on this board so giive her a break.  I did get my Sprocket in plenty of time for gift giving, but I had an alternate on hand.  I've learned don't expect anything by a certain date, and if it does show up its a pleasant surprise.  

Honored Contributor

Common sense ought to tell people that there are a myriad of things that could delay deliveries once it is beyond QVC's control.  Especially this time of year, weather delays are very common.  Two days ago, I heard of a FedEx truck that was in a bad wreck and TV showed packages scattered hither and yon.  They were attempting to notify shippers of a delay.  I was once notified of a delay due to a train derailment.  Who knew they used the railroad?

I wish they'd quit using the "guarantee" word.  They truely can't guarantee something they can't control.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

How about this, let's stop blaming shoppers and just admit that QVC makes promises it can't fulfill. None of the businesses that I deal with would have a problem delivering an order from the 16th. We live and learn, however it's time for the Q to step up it's Shipping game or stop guaranteeing, period.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Meema1- I learned my lesson for the last time with QVC when I ordered a Philosophy shower gels gift set on 12/14 that remained in processing mode until I called to find out what was the hold up.  It finally shipped after I spoke to them on 12/18 and was delivered on 12/20 the day before my last day in the office. 

At this point I prefer the regular stores after Thanksgiving or you can start shopping on QVC right after the January 31st return policy starts I think it's in October or November.  There's always Amazon Prime my favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

If an order goes astray, QVC has three remedies and three remedies only- cancel and refund, wait and see if the order shows or reorder.  It would have been nice if that CS rep had looked and overnighted that camera. But that's not how QVC operates. Perhaps, it was out stock in the price the OP paid.  We all know prices fluctuate greatly at QVC.

Every single year QVC has the graphic posted all over the website about guaranteed delivery by Christmas and their hosts are touting the same thing and QVC cannot deliver.  This most unfair to the consumer.

Esteemed Contributor

If I needed something for a present, especially around the holidays, I would go to the store and pick it up.  Nice printers can be found everywhere and for excellent prices.  I know that the OP is a new poster, but, again, another complaint when just joining the board.  I often wonder if the complaints are real.  If not, then common sense should prevail, and that is shopping anywhere during the holidays.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!