Frequent Contributor
How log does the brand new price last on a new product? And is there a free shipping day in the near future? Thank you
Esteemed Contributor

@Purplebirdhouse,

There are only a couple of days each year where everything has free S&H for a specified time, courtesy of QVC.

Far more often, there will be special promotions on a limited part of the inventory that includes free S&H on a group (all beauty, all garden, all interior holiday) or a product brand (all Logo, all KitchenAid, all WEN).

I know that a lot of the free S&H on WEN items is because Chaz Dean has himself paid for the S&H. So sometimes it's not part of a QVC promotion, but the vendor's.

I'd suppose the details of 'who pays for what' is in the presentation contract between vendor and QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Purplebirdhouse

In addition to the great details provided by @x Hedge, as far as the "sale" pricing goes, it totally depends on what kind of pricing it is.

The Today's Special Value, Big Deal, and Beauty IQ Steal are all good for one 24-hour period or until the inventory is gone (though lately, some of the deals have been available for longer timeframes online even when they are no longer being presented on air).

A One Day Only price is good for one 24-hour period or until the inventory is gone (the timeframe is never extended and these sales seem more likely to sell out before the end of the day). The online listings for these items typically have a countdown clock.

If you check the "New" section of the website, you can find all of the previously mentioned deals in one place, along with items just added to the Q's inventory.

Items with a Featured Price are typically very nebulous about the length of time they'll be "featured"—I have seen this classification last for only a few hours, such as in some kitchen shows, but I've also seen it listed for months.

Basically, if you're interested in an item at a specific price, jump on it right away if it's a One Day Only, and don't take too long to decide about TSVs, Big Deals, and Steals. Happy shopping!