Respected Contributor

Re: New QVC Lettering way too small

@countrylady  When the label isn't a sticky, it's usually because the item was sent directly from the manufacturer.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

NO I AM NOT BLIND....JUST USING A BOLD TEXT TO PROVE MY POINT TO THE Q PEOPLE THAT MIGHT READ THESE BLOGS. I AM GETTING ON ANY BLOG THAT HAS THE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE LOUSY NEW FONT IN THE INFO COLUMN. MAYBE ON SOME DEVICES IT IS NOT A PROBLEM,, BUT IT SURE IS HERE. I TUNED IN TODAY ON MY KITCHEN TV. WHOA....COULD NOT EVEN READ IT BECAUSE THE TV IS NOT GIGANTIC. WENT TO THE 43" TV AND IT IS READABLE, BUT THE DISTANCE ACROSS THE ROOM IS ONLY A FEW FEET. WENT TO THE LARGER TV UPSTAIRS AND WE SIT APPROX. 12' FROM IT AND I AM NOT ENJOYING USING IT AT ALL. COME ON COMPUTER PEOPLE. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE HAS 20/20 AND SITS CLOSE OR HAS A DEVICE IN THEIR HAND? AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SHIPPING LABELS. IF YOU HAVE TO RETURN SOMETHING YOU MIGHT AS WELL PRINT YOUR OWN. HALF THE TIME YOU CANNOT GET THE LABELS OFF WITHOUT RIPPING THEM OR THEY ARE STUCK TO THE PACKING TAPE. EVERY SINCE THEY HAVE ADDED ALL THE EXTRAS (Q2 AND BEAUTY CHANNEL) THE SHIPPING HAS BEEN SLOPPY.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Unfortunately, the Q has chosen new fonts that work better in print than they do online. It seems obvious that someone noticed this along the way because the item descriptions use multiple fonts to make some of the text a bit easier to read and to address the fact that one of the fonts has issues with display and alignment of numbers (which is why it is not a commonly used font). It is interesting that the forums have retained the previous fonts and style, making it easy to compare the old and the new and to see the problems.

As usual, the changes to the website are cosmetic rather than functional, and they are a step sideways or backward rather than forward. Sigh.

it's always something. guess the web design group didn't have anything better to do.
and yes, the font is definitely a print font.

i would think that selecting a font would require some research into what works well and what doesn't.

change is good, when it's helpful for the intended audience.

perhaps some consumer surveys are in order, to see what people like.

if too many people have a hard time reading information with the new font, does that translate into sales?

i have read posts here that said that they are changing things and want to reach out to millennials.

maybe this is part of that process.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Maybe this has existed for some time now and I am just noticing, but I see that the search bar at the top shows "what can we help you discover?"    How about a cure for cancer or Alzheimer's, or autism.  Or a million dollars that I can legally keep, or a remote uninhabited island that I can call my own and use anytime I want ?   I find the wording of this phrase ridiculous.

i love your response!

i don't think that was there all the time, but the word "discover" is used a lot in the tech world. and has been for over 5 years.

in the tech world, they use the phrase "discovering data" or data discovery.
in this scenario, they are referring to employees searching huge databases for specific information.
key word being "specific".

for example, "i need a list of all people that purchased blue shoes in february".
or "in which months were cooking items not selling well".

in that type of environment, the list of blue shoes would not contain people that did not purchase blue shoes.

whether or not using the word "discover" is appropriate here, i don't know, unless the search engine is revised to only retrieve what someone enters. also, products would need specific key words for the search engine to work accurately. if it also returns items that are not relative, then, in my opinion it isn't appropriate.

to me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense here.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I agree.  I noticed the different font on a product description.  The letters did not seem smaller to me; more like skinnier.  The opposite of an improvement, IMO.

@PhilaLady1.   In tiny font on the item description pages there is the option of increasing the size of the print.  It's in the middle of the screen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Thank you!

Contributor

That is  one of the worse graphics I have seen.     Igave up on watching.  The lettering is super small and light .  Why change something  that does not need to be fixed .        I know   things  change but at least  make things better .       No worry about a sell out on anything.  No one  can read   about the item.    

Respected Contributor

O woe is me, to see what I have seen, see what I see!

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you.    I have a hard time seeing it.   Very frustrating.  I am on my laptop and it is so light and it is so small.   I do not like it.   I like to spend alot of time looking at things and guess I will be doing less as it hurts my eyes.   Not sure why they wanted to go small and so light.   IMO I liked the old format better and even the old Q they had.  Everything was so much easier to search and read.   It is nice to see I am not the only one.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you.   I cannot stand it as I cannot see.  Plus they put the price in a black box on the t..v.   It looks almost like the price is in a bluish color.  Neverthless, I cannot even see how much an item costs on t.v.  It is ridiculous.   They will probably lose alot of customers between the internet and t.v.       I liked the browse the internet website and now it hurts my eyes with the light lettering and small font.    It was fine the way it was, not sure why someone always has to change it.