Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Q Plastic Shipping Bags

I have to agree with @Gorgf and @Caaareful Shopper; I just received my most recent two orders in the new bags, and I immediately noticed the change in logo and recalled this thread. I noticed that the bags still have the little perforated area to open them, so I liked that and wondered whether the difference would be a big deal at all.

I checked out my tops and decided, unfortunately, that both would need to be returned. I repacked them in their clear plastic bags and slipped them into one of the Q outer bags.  As I walked out of the room, both items slid to the bottom of the bag and immediately split the seam and fell to the floor. I was very surprised, and then very grateful that hadn't happened in transit. I transferred the tops to the second bag, picked it up, and watched carefully as the tops again pressed on the bottom seam and began to rip through it.

I shook my head and grabbed one of my own mylar bags that I use for shipping ebay sales. Curious, I weighed the tops together—and the total was 11 oz. It's a mighty flimsy bag that can't stay together with that much weight on a major seam. I sealed the tops into my bag and shook it vigorously; nothing happened. That bag cost me about 10 cents as part of a multipack. No wonder there have been so many complaints about the new bags!

Honored Contributor

I received a clothing item in the new bag.  3/4 of the side seam was open.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

They are thinner than the old grey and red ones. I had one split open already and a pair of Sloggers which are heavy shoes, was tossed in the second one. It was OK but surprised that one made it in one piece with that heavier weight? Some had perforated opening and one I had to use a scissor to open. They definitely are a more flimsy bag!

@Gorgf 

You are right.  The new bags do split open.  I hope it doesn’t happen to the doubters, but it happened to me last week with an item that I very much wanted. The bag was half-opened at the top seam.  There was just the one piece of paper (the invoice) inside, that’s it. No item.  I got a credit when I notified CS, but the item was sold out, no waiting list even.  I don’t think it was that heavy.  It was a dress.  I am still very much disappointed.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper.  I average at least one bag per day, sometimes more.  I've received 10 garments in the past week.  Not a single split bag.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper.  I average at least one bag per day, sometimes more.  I've received 10 garments in the past week.  Not a single split bag.

@Kachina624   That's good for QVC to know as well.  Some customers are getting a lot of spilt bags, and some customers, none.  I would not disregard either feedback. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

i am having the same experience as you @Kachina624 .

numerous fashion items delivered, no split or damaged bags.

i feel no weight difference or material difference in the old bags versus the new bags. the only difference i see is the printing on the bags.

have ordered three pair of shoes also.....none of them in bags. all in boxes within a qvc box.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper.  Okay, I take back my comments.  Today I  received a bag with Scotch Tape along the whole perforated edge, presumably put there by the post office because it was open.  It was one of the new bags.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   That's good for QVC to know as well.  Some customers are getting a lot of spilt bags, and some customers, none.  I would not disregard either feedback. 

@Caaareful Shopper great post. It amazes me that when some people don't experience the problems of others re QVC, then the ones who experiece the problems must be wrong. It's like if it didn't happen to them then it must not have happened *smh*

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper great post. It amazes me that when some people don't experience the problems of others re QVC, then the ones who experiece the problems must be wrong. It's like if it didn't happen to them then it must not have happened *smh*

LOL @DJs mom 

NO ONE on this thread said anyone was "wrong" or "didnt experience a problem." a thread can be both positive and negative, depending on personal experience.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@DJs mom.  Please read the thread above yours.