Trusted Contributor

New Easy Exchange Program Not So Easy

Sadly, the newest Easy Exchange Program that the hosts talk about isn't so easy. I ordered a sweater, needed a smaller size....sent it back per instructions....checked my Order Status and they returned it and charged me for both shipping to me and the 6.95 to ship it back. I called Customer Service and they did refund me all charges, but it's so frustrating when there's such a big deal made about the new program, but it fails when the customer uses it.

Unfortunately, every return I've made due to a defective product or them sending the incorrect size, I've had to follow up because I'm told all charges will be refunded, only to find out they are not. And when I say it happens to me every time, it really has happened every time. I don't return a lot, and it's always been for a defect or wrong size sent.

I know people make mistakes and I understand that, but not on every order. So, make sure you check when you send an item to be exchanged. 

On on a positive note.....I enjoy everything I've ordered from QVC and Customer Service has always been awesome.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Easy Exchange Program Not So Easy

@grandma petes  Thanks!  I will be sure to check my account more regularly.

Honored Contributor

@Grandmapètes  It's obvious QVC charges each and every return the $6.95 fee regardless of how it was shipped or why it was returned, then it's up to the customer to assure that a correction is made.  Think of the hundreds that don't know to check, giving QVC "free" money.  We've complained about it, QVC is well aware it's happening but chooses to continue fleecing the customer. 

I guess the next step should be to start filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission.  Most federal agencies now have an online complaint system so it's easy to do. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@grandma petes I had the same experience you did when I exchanged an Issac boot because it ran too large. When I returned the item, I even called Customer Service and told them to notate that I was exchanging the item. I never got the exchange and spent time with CS so they could reverse all the charges.

Trusted Contributor

@piperbay I've done the same thing piperbay...I always call Customer Service to make sure they note on my account that it is defective (and I also put that on the Invoice as well) and please ensure that all charges are refunded. Yet, every single time, I have to follow up when I check my account because they always, always charge me postage. It gets a little frustrating because we shouldn't have to do all the work to get our money back Fair and square.

Trusted Contributor

@Trudey That's a good idea Trudey...the first time I did a return, I assumed they would take care of it, but I'm glad I checked. Sadly, every time, I have to follow up to get my money back. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks for that info....I will definitely make note of that should it happen again. I think after this time, I may have to think long and hard about buying clothing items on the Q....it's so not worth the hassle when they promise it will be hassle-free.

Contributor

Ive pretty much stopped ordering from QVC.  You are charged about $10 at least just to try an article of clothing on.   It hasnt happened to me, but Ive read that if, for example, there are tall, regular, & petite sizing, & you need to exchange a petite for a regular, you dont get the free exchange because they list those items with 3 different item numbers.  I feel that we are intentionally mislead in the hopes that we dont check their math--and we shouldnt HAVE to.  HSN & Ebay are working out fine for me.