Respected Contributor

Re: Never trusting Cottage Farms again

@Just Bling I have four pairs of Sloggers. I love them as so comfortable. Q and Amazon sells them. I wear them  nearly every day. After a rain or dew on the grass in the morning or even in slushy snow they keep feet dry. They have a removable liner to size inbetween sizes as come in whole sizes only. They wear and hold up well. Carolyn has had them in her garden shows from time to time. They have cute  colorful prints and animals. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RU4 real    Maybe you'll have a big surprise next spring. 

I agree!  Please don't rip up the leaves.  I think they will bloom next season.  You can always try a little Miracle Grow or something similiar to stimulate the blooms.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 wrote:

I don't trust ordering any plants from QVC.  I tried Cottage Farms Strawberries years ago and they were a disaster.  Then 2 years ago hubby wanted me to order a few items.  None of them lived up to the presentations.  They died after 1 year and never grew into what they said the first season.  Lesson Learned buy all my plants locally.

@mimomof4 - Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who got those dud strawberry plants.

I thought it was insulting to get essentially a pages-long lecture from them, as if I didn't know how to plant and care for them.  There's only so much you can do with plants that arrive half-dead.

And they didn't stand behind their "refund, no questions asked" guarantee.

Super Contributor

Thank you! When I received the roots I was skeptical, that's why I took the photo of what I received. I was so looking forward to the flowers. Yep. I believe you.

Super Contributor

Nope. The blooms look like fuzzy, little green bottle brushes. Pulled them all up last week. If you can zoom in on the photo you can see it.

Super Contributor

That happen to me this year!! Other plants ordered were horrible when I received them. .The only ones that are looking great are the sun patients from CottageFarms. Next year , back to the nursery. Waste of time and money .