Respected Contributor

Never had this happen before!

I got someone else's order today.  A lady in Texas was expecting a swimsuit cover-up (it's very pretty) and I was expecting a microfiber dishdrying mat and some sponges.  I don't know if she got my order, but I got hers.  I called CS and they are shipping me a replacement for my order, and told me to donate the item I got in error, but I forgot to ask if the lady in Texas will also get a replaceent or not. I hope so!  Since I have her mailing address I a tempted to send her her item myself, just to be sure she gets what she paid for. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them, and did the Q replace both customers' items?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Never had this happen before!

[ Edited ]

Yes, it happened to me once in 25 years as a QVC customer. I was asked to return the wrong item I received, at no charge to me, but I was unable to get the item I had ordered since it was out of stock. I have no idea if the other person received my return but highly unlikely. I think it could be a logistical nightmare for QVC figuring out where my return item would be to send to the other person, and, since QVC Exchanges take weeks I wouldn't want to wait a couple months to get it anyway. I didn't feel it was too big a deal due to the hundreds, maybe thousands, of items I have ordered over the years. 

Honored Contributor

Happened to me this week.  Package arrived addressed to me, all paperwork inside was to me, and listed the item really I ordered.  

But, the item in the package was not mine, not even close, and was something I would not have ordered.

Customer Service was very nice, tried to help, but there was no information as to who really ordered this item.

Of course, sadly, the item I ordered, and waited for several months to receive, is now OUT OF STOCK.  I was 😒

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

All I got a few weeks ago was a big plastic bag containing nothing but another customer's invoice, no merchandise.  The mods were able to ship me a replacement for the item I didn't receive.  I've gotten another person's order several times over the years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, it did happen to me.  

The item I ordered was out of stock, so I just returned marking it "wrong order sent."

Super Contributor

I have had that happen to me a few times Now I am trying to watch my return I checked it yesterday under my orders and it showed my order,I sent it back about March 11, I have the Usps receipt where I dropped it off well last night it showed it arrived in Virginia and has been there sitting for close to a month. So I wrote to cust serv. today I go and look at my order to see if it moved yet and the order is not even showing now but I had it on easy pay if I check my easy pays its there.. why would it be gone from my order lists..... crazy things lately with QVC shipping .

Esteemed Contributor

Yep...happened several times to me last year. My item was always sold out, so I never got it...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That, @Nataliesgramma , is why I am considering just mailing the item I got in error to it's intended recipient, if it is sold out she won't get a replacement, just a refund, and will be very disappointed.  I'd hate to have that happen when I got what she ordered, it won't cost me much to mail that package to her, I am sure!

ETA:  I looked up the item number on the interior packing slip and found out that nearly all sizes and colors of that item are still in stock at QVC, so I presume they are replacing the other customer's order, so I will go ahead and donate the item with a clear conscience.

Occasional Contributor