Valued Contributor

How can I change the name asssociated with my Avatar?

QVC Customer Care

@Stevie Nix wrote:

Hi @Stevie Nix  Below are the instructions that should help. 

Susan

1 -- Go into "My Account" (this is the general account for the shopping site, where you enter things like your shipping address, payment info, etc. -- this is not in the profile/settings for the Community)

2 -- Under "Account Settings" choose to edit "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current one and, below that, "New Nickname"

4 -- Enter the new name

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change (you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one), then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change won't take effect until you log out of the Community and then back in).

Respected Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Stevie Nix wrote:

Hi @Stevie Nix  Below are the instructions that should help. 

Susan

1 -- Go into "My Account" (this is the general account for the shopping site, where you enter things like your shipping address, payment info, etc. -- this is not in the profile/settings for the Community)

2 -- Under "Account Settings" choose to edit "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current one and, below that, "New Nickname"

4 -- Enter the new name

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change (you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one), then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change won't take effect until you log out of the Community and then back in).

@Susan-QVC   So my nickname was changed by someone at QVC, so I went in to change it back and it’s already taken?? Sure it is and was.... by me! I’m furious about this and want an explanation. If someone can access my account and do this, what in the name of security is QVC offering? It’s ridiculous! 

Valued Contributor

Thank you Susan.