Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN ON A BRAND NEW ITEM? You have to be kidding...

@Jen717 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

I have to admit that I've never actually seen that notice on any item the Q sold.  Time for me to pay closer attention.  That notice could easily slip by being noticed and then a customer is "stuck."  

It's one thing if a customer is a chronic returner, but this is a whole other animal.  Thanks for the warning.

Recently noticed this on clearance items within the last month.  Most are drastically reduced items to move merchandise, however my question, if not eligible for return can item be EXCHANGED if ordered incorrect size?

Still do not feel it is right to not allow an item to be returned, especially if item is defective or damaged in some way!  

@Jen717 

It clearly states it is not eligible for return or exchange.

This really is odd.  Especially for a clothing item.  No explanation given, either.  I do wonder if it’s an error.

Honored Contributor

I would have  called CS or ask the mods here to check into this to see if it was a mistake before going into a tangent and causing speculation.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Mirren , thank you for letting us know, that is an error and our marketing team is having that phrase removed from the website. We appreciate you pointing this out to us. 

Honored Contributor

See what I meant?  There was an error.  Yall need to quit getting so upset you will live longer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

See what I meant?  There was an error.  Yall need to quit getting so upset you will live longer.

Exactlly!  Just ask a mod to look into it before going crazy.

I have NO problem with QVC or any other retailer selling items as not returnable.

Q is NOT the only vendor, online or otherwise that does this.  I have seen it all over the web and in B&M.  Some sites ALL sales items are final.

If it is clearly marked, what is the big deal?  Doesn't make them moneygrubbers for heaven's sake.

It is a marketing tactic as old as the hills.  Move old stock/over stock etc at a really good price as final.

I just ordered from Laura Geller some sale items that were final, no returns.

Super Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Exactlly!  Just ask a mod to look into it before going crazy.

I have NO problem with QVC or any other retailer selling items as not returnable.

Q is NOT the only vendor, online or otherwise that does this.  I have seen it all over the web and in B&M.  Some sites ALL sales items are final.

If it is clearly marked, what is the big deal?  Doesn't make them moneygrubbers for heaven's sake.

It is a marketing tactic as old as the hills.  Move old stock/over stock etc at a really good price as final.

I just ordered from Laura Geller some sale items that were final, no returns.

Good for you for rolling the dice and getting items that work out. I can't afford "a clearance blowout" that I am not able to returnis because it deficient in some way. I  appreicate the ability to return. Yes, it is a marketing tactic that is as old as the hills. And I'm sorry to see the Q, which has had more integity than other retailers, go down this old as the hills road. They don't just sell stuff, they have built an environment that turns on attempted excellence in customer relations, which is one of the things that sets them apart. As for your observation about "going crazy" - maybe sending up a flare will call for maximum attention by the Q and its customers, especially those of us who have enjoyed their decades of practicing in a more enlightend, less "bait and switch" manner.

Super Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @Mirren , thank you for letting us know, that is an error and our marketing team is having that phrase removed from the website. We appreciate you pointing this out to us. 

First, thank you so much for your kind response. It lives up to my longstanding experience of the Q as a place that respects its customers and strives for excellence in service. In addition to knowledgeable and entertaining hosts and a vast selection of merchandise, customer service at the Q is one of the things that has put it heads and shoulders above other shopping experiences. It is gratifying to know the information was just a mistake. We all make those. Which brings me to a second point. Even thought the “not eligible for return” statement was misapplied in this instance, I hope the Q will reconsider this practice for even substantially reduced items. I mention this only because we are on the topic generally. I don’t want to take away from your courteous reply.

When I recommend the Q to folks I know who are skittish about it, one of the things I tout is the great customer service and the generous return policy. I trust both of those will continue.

Respected Contributor

I am glad that you got the right answer to your question from the Mods @Mirren !!!!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9Thanks for the info which is pretty much what I expected was true.

As soon as a posters starts off shouting, I feel as if getting to truth will take a few deep breaths and some time.

QVC Customer Care

I appreciate you sharing your suggestion with us and I will be happy to elevate it to our management team. Have a great day.