Super Contributor

NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN ON A BRAND NEW ITEM? You have to be kidding...

It was bad enough when I noticed the Q has taken the unfortumate turn of slapping "not eligibile for return" on drastically reduced items, making the Q seem as desperately penny-pinching as some other retailers out there.

Now, I have noticed A BRAND NEW ITEM -  A369087 - at orignal, FULL price is listed as "not eligilble for return." This makes no sense, and I hope it is some kind of oversight.

One of the things I have long valued about the Q was the ability to return. An indication that you stood by your merchandise and valued your customer. The 30 limitation was enough.

Sure, the Q provides entertainment as well as merchandise, but you know what? There are a lot of places and ways to order online in this day and age. If this is the way the Q is going to play the game, I'll just have to shop elsewhere.

If you're under new management and this is the brainchild of some moneygrubbing "go getter," good luck with that. I'm sure I won't be the only customer you lose. Your stuff isn't all that.

Trusted Contributor

Re: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN ON A BRAND NEW ITEM? You have to be kidding...

[ Edited ]

AND----It costs $160 !    Expensive mistake should it not fit or be defective with this ridiculous policy. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to admit that I've never actually seen that notice on any item the Q sold.  Time for me to pay closer attention.  That notice could easily slip by being noticed and then a customer is "stuck."  

It's one thing if a customer is a chronic returner, but this is a whole other animal.  Thanks for the warning.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Super Contributor

This has to be some kind of mistake. Otherwise, the crust! If they are going to start this stuff, I'm done! They can't expect to make money this way...

Honored Contributor

I would think that this is a mistake.  If I were really interested in this item I would call CS to ask what the deal was on the coat.

Frequent Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I have to admit that I've never actually seen that notice on any item the Q sold.  Time for me to pay closer attention.  That notice could easily slip by being noticed and then a customer is "stuck."  

It's one thing if a customer is a chronic returner, but this is a whole other animal.  Thanks for the warning.

Recently noticed this on clearance items within the last month.  Most are drastically reduced items to move merchandise, however my question, if not eligible for return can item be EXCHANGED if ordered incorrect size?

Still do not feel it is right to not allow an item to be returned, especially if item is defective or damaged in some way!  

Honored Contributor

@Jen717 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Recently noticed this on clearance items within the last month.  Most are drastically reduced items to move merchandise, however my question, if not eligible for return can item be EXCHANGED if ordered incorrect size?

Still do not feel it is right to not allow an item to be returned, especially if item is defective or damaged in some way!  

The Q has said that they will take back defective & damaged items on the "not eligible for return" blowout items.

Honored Contributor

You may want to ask the moderators to look into it.  No point in getting all worked up if it was an error.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice to hear from a QVC rep about this .....  is anyone around??

Respected Contributor

I don't know anyone in their right mind that would buy an item that expensive and not be able to return or exchange it.  And it's not even an attractive item, imo.  Rather ordinary and blah.