Re: NO HELP WITH A RETURN ITEM

@princessme We've just sent you an email! Cindy

Contributor

Thank you Cindy! 

Honored Contributor

@Deb0509 wrote:

Several years ago I dropped a return item at the post office to go back to QVC, without getting a receipt, and I never found out what happened to it.  QVC said they couldn't help me because I didn't have a receipt and the post office said "oh well, I guess someone wanted what you were returning" !!!! So, I was out the money. Now I never just drop something at the post office - ALWAYS GET A RECEIPT!!!!!!

@Deb0509  That seems like a good idea.  I did not know you could get a receipt for a return using their return label. What does the post office give you?

Honored Contributor

i always get a receipt at the post office for pre-paid packages, including the ones going back to qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The post office will give you a receipt that looks just like the receipt you would get if  you had paid to ship it.  I live in a small town and we get top service from the PO.  As for QVC, I once had a B Makowsky bag that the leather on the straps started peeling at age four months.  I sent it back and they issued a credit with no problem.  Perhaps things are changing with them, I'm surprised you are having this issue.  A defect is a defect.   

Trusted Contributor

My post office will not give me a receipt. They said they do not do that.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

@divine wrote:

do you at least watch them scan it into the system?

when i take it to the counter, they scan it immediately and then print out the receipt.

if they are not doing that i would contact the branch manager there or contact usps and ask them how they handle these types of packages. if they continue to refuse to scan it then go to the next closest post office.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@divine wrote:

do you at least watch them scan it into the system?

when i take it to the counter, they scan it immediately and then print out the receipt.

if they are not doing that i would contact the branch manager there or contact usps and ask them how they handle these types of packages. if they continue to refuse to scan it then go to the next closest post office.

@sunshine45 No, I do not see them scan it. They just put it aside and say "next" to the person standing in line behind me.I get the "kindly step aside" look and that's that. I've started just stuffing my returns in the inside drop slot. So far so good, but I worry that one of these days it might go missing. The next closest post office is a good 20-30 minutes away...if traffic isn't too bad. I may have to go there but I'm not sure it will be any better. I wish the Q used UPS for returns.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

I always take mine inside and the person behind the counter will scan it and give me a receipt for it, even when I'm using a prepaid label.

Regular Contributor

so now on top of paying shipping both ways we need to go to the post office, stand in line with our pre paid label and (possibly) pay more to get a receipt?? It's time to seriously rethink QVC. There's no Q, V or C in that scenario for me!