Contributor

I am going on here to see if a moderator can assist me as nobody in  Customer Service is helping me.

On October 6 I returned a pair of boots that was a TSV in August. The zipper is broken on the left boot.
I used the Q return label. I dropped it off at my local post office. 
There is no tracking information for this return.
I have sent QVC 3 emails about this return as well as calling. 
They say it is being looked into. 

That being said, still nothing. 

I just want a refund at this point. 

Is there anyone that can assist me? 
Or find out the status? 

I did everything RIGHT on my end. 
However, QVC is NOT helping me with my situation by telling me "it is being looked into".

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help me. 

Respected Contributor

Re: NO HELP WITH A RETURN ITEM

@princessme  I'm sorry the zipper broke so soon after you received the boots.  It appears you returned them after the 30 days, so that appears to be your problem.  After the 30 days, you're on your own if a problem develops.  I would have called CS first before I would have just dropped them in the mail.

Laura loves cats!
Contributor

Hmmmm....it was a defective zipper and we are in holiday return mode thru 1-31-17. 
So I am thinking it is valid to return item.

What if this item was a gift for someone, given for Christmas, and the zipper broke on the 3rd time it was worn ( like it happened with me ) and the person I gave the boots to would be "OUT OF A GIFT" if QVC didn't accept the return?

My main concern is that there is no RETURN TRACKING INFORMATION on my account for this return. 

Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

@princessme

When you took the boots to the post office to return, did you get a receipt?  That receipt would have a tracking number on it and PROVE you returned them.

Once that item is scanned into the Postal system, it is no longer your problem should it not reach QVC.

QVC may be willing to give you a reduced credit since you returned them beyond the 30 days if you can prove the return.

I STRONGLY encourage everyone never to just drop off a return using the Q return label in the slot or box.  You have NO proof of return. 

Take the time to wait for a clerk to scan it and give you a receipt.  I had a return disappear once, but because I could prove I gave it to the postal clerk, I was easily issued credit.

Honored Contributor

@princessme

You said you purchased the boots in August.  QVC was NOT in holiday return mode in August.

It didn't start until September.

Trusted Contributor

princessme - Unfortunately, the holiday return policy wasn't in effect in August.  So unless these boots were part of some special Christmas show, you only have 30 days after you receive them to return for refund.  

I have dropped items off at the post office, and placed them in the area for prepaid, and twice,those  items never got scanned in by the post office and QVC never received them.  For the post offices in the Dallas area anyway, you have to pay to get a scanned receipt for drop off.  So I do that now.

Super Contributor

Several years ago I dropped a return item at the post office to go back to QVC, without getting a receipt, and I never found out what happened to it.  QVC said they couldn't help me because I didn't have a receipt and the post office said "oh well, I guess someone wanted what you were returning" !!!! So, I was out the money. Now I never just drop something at the post office - ALWAYS GET A RECEIPT!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@princessme

You said you purchased the boots in August.  QVC was NOT in holiday return mode in August.

@RespectLife

You're right, with the exception of items presented during the Christmas in July programs, that were designated as eligible for the holiday return policy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

My post office no longer gives receipts saying scanning serves the same purpose.

Purchases made in August aren't covered by the holiday return policy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@princessme

@RespectLife

You're right, with the exception of items presented during the Christmas in July programs, that were designated as eligible for the holiday return policy.

Oh yes!  That is true!  There were Christmas in July items eligible for the extended return time period.  Thank you for pointing that out @KingstonsMom