Respected Contributor

My order has been sitting in my post office for 4 days

My order was delivered by ups to my town and it has been sitting somewhere for 4 days.   Ups tracking stops at my town but the post office says they are waiting for it to be delivered to them.   Getting things delivered on time or at all seems to be hard anymore.  

Valued Contributor

Re: My order has been sitting in my post office for 4 days

Usps lost my order on 9/20...remains lost.  Even with a tracking number and requesting further details the postal system simply states go away and don’t bother me.  Any item of value needs to ship by a shipper with better tracking.

Honored Contributor

The day they started Smart Post was the demise of assured delivery. You never know if you'll get it. The P.O. says it's UPS' fault and vice versa. That's why I call it Dumb Post. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @chiclet I am so sorry that happened.

Please send your Q Account number and order information to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will be happy to look into this for you. Alice QVC Social Team

Contributor

I am so fortunate with my USPS deliveries.   So far, they have always delivered quickly.   I just got an order yesterday that was received at my post office at 2AM yesterday and it was delivered by noon the same day.

Not only did the post offer do good, but it came 4 days before QVC EDD!     I feel very lucky after reading the troubles of others here!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like my post office !  One year they must have  left my cheese ball in their truck for a couple of days !

Frequent Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

My order was delivered by ups to my town and it has been sitting somewhere for 4 days.   Ups tracking stops at my town but the post office says they are waiting for it to be delivered to them.   Getting things delivered on time or at all seems to be hard anymore.  

Not sure what part of the country you live, but this happens constantly to me in Las Vegas, despite being a paying member My Choice with UPS.  I have had multiple packages lost when transferred from UPS to USPS.  After about 4-5 days of no tracking info updated, QVC will send out a replacement.  I recently had an entire order lost. 4 out of 5 items were transferred to USPS, one item had not shipped by QVC (separate issue) and the rest were missing with no further tracking info!!  I would say this happens at least once every 1-2 months were my package is lost by USPS!  Getting old quick!

Dear Moderator - can you shed light on this and why this happens?  

Is this a local decision by UPS/USPS or does QVC decide what shipping method is used and if item(s) is delivered by UPS vs USPS?

Honored Contributor

My guess is it depends on the Usps situation in your town.  Lately, UPS hands of most of my packages to USPS and I get them 2 or 3 days later.  But stuff happens, as they say.  I had one package that said "delivered" on a certain date but I never got it.  My gut told me that it wasn't "delivered" by UPS at all but it had been handed off to Usps for delivery and was stuck there.  To be honest, I got busy and forgot about it.  A bit over two weeks later USPS delivered it.  And that bag was dirty and smudged and it looked like it had been through a war.  But the contents were fine.