Trusted Contributor

My heartland chicken order shipping problem

Hi. My order for Heartland Chicken was due to ship out on May 18 but the vendor was apparently out of stock. On the 27th early in the morning it shipped and was due to arrive today. Tracking information shows that it arrived in a nearby suburb earlier today. Yet, now it is not reaching its destination until tomorrow by 9pm. I am really concerned that the chicken may not be safe to consume by the time it finally arrives because it may no longer be frozen. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. This is a gift for my father. I understand that dry ice only keeps food frozen for 3 days maximum but that long requires something other than a styrofoam container. And we are in the midst of a heat wave.

is there anything you can do to help???  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: My heartland chicken order shipping problem

why not just wait to see what condition it is in when it arrives?

if it is still frozen, then you dont have anything to worry about.

if it has thawed, then you will get a full refund, and it can be thrown out.

the styrofoam containers PLUS the dry ice really do keep items frozen well.

this time of year though is a tricky time for frozen food delivery.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm contacting now because it is impossible to talk to someone and my father is elderly, self quarantined and lives alone. I'm anticipating a problem.

QVC Customer Care

@Thats Me 

I am sorry but it is out of our control at this time. However, when you do receive the package and you have any concerns at all with how it arrived, just let us know and we will either replace or fully refund you.

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

Ok, thanks.

Respected Contributor

Don't worry about it if anything is wrong it will be refunded. My chicken was packed well & still had dry ice & was still frozen. Even if the dry ice is melted as long as it still frozen it is good.

Trusted Contributor

@CLHS68 @Hi, how many days was yours in process, if you don't mind my asking?

Trusted Contributor

@Beth-QVC @Hi. The chicken just arrived and as I feared it is soft and therefore not safe. I told my father to throw it away. I would really like for him to have it so would prefer a replacement, but only if you can guarantee a fast and safe delivery. If you cannot guarantee that then I want a refund.

I'll look forward to your reply. Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

@Thats Me 

Unfortunately I cannot guarantee the chicken order as I do know both the vendor and the delivery companies are severely backed up. My apologies and I will issue the refund now.

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

Ok. What a disappointment. I appreciate your help. Does this mean the auto delivery order is canceled or just a refund for this shipment? If I can keep the order active that would be great.