Esteemed Contributor

My beautiful Roberta's Zonal Geraniums arrived

[ Edited ]

And these are replacements for an order that had dirt falling out of the box when it arrived!

Roberta's.jpg

No dirt in pots, leaves rotting, leaves yellow!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My beautiful Roberta's Zonal Geraniums arrived

Oh, what a disappointment. Have you called Customer Service for help? Hmmm . . . That makes me think about cancelling my order for Heucheras. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I learned last year to never order plants from here,go to a greenhouse locally.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

And these are replacements for an order that had dirt falling out of the box when it arrived!

Roberta's.jpg

No dirt in pots, leaves rotting, leaves yellow!

@Zhills   Yellow leaves are no big deal.  Once they are in better pots, those will fall off and new green leaves will appear.  The plants in the picture look very viable, so repot them and don't over water them.  I have over fifty and they are thriving.

Often plants that have traveled a distance arrive with yellow leaves, but they recover.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree plants should survive if given TLC immediately.  However, your heart sinks when you open the box and see sickly looking things.  The problem I've had is they..... (c farms & Roberta's)..... is they DON'T SHIP STRONG HEALTHY WITH ADEQUATE HEIGHT plants.  It's like they pull them out of the green house, slap them in a box - lick the label - and ups picks them up. You own them now.

Esteemed Contributor

I order from PROVEN WINNERS - also carried at A+++ greenhouses here and plants are beautiful and strong.

Honored Contributor

You would be much better off buying from a local garden store or nursery.  More economical and less hassle.

Esteemed Contributor

Broke down and bought my first two plants today! Angelina, which is a Stonecrop. It's a perennial in Zone 5-b and should spread and trail over a retaining wall in our commons area. I simply couldn't wait any longer.

My neighbor bought two hanging ferns so the birds (which are back) will have a place to build their nest on her front porch. She does that every year. And then sits on her porch and watches their (the birds) activity all summer long. And feeds them in her back yard. Glad homes are not close together in this HOA!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Zhills 

These are unacceptable in my opinion.  You can locally get healthy/full beautiful zonal geraniums for $3.50 to $4.00 a piece; even at places like Home Depot, Lowes or even Walmart.  Call CS request refund.