Esteemed Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

That is not at all what's happening here Just Bling! I was behind on the easy pay's and applied for a QCard and was approved, but it started with a low credit limit, so I couldn't put everything on there. I am not looking for sympathy! Boy, you  people are tough! For the record, I paid for what I owed!! I didn't file bankruptcy, I paid everything!

Yes, you paid what you owed.  But QVC had to pursue you for it, pay a Collection agency, and then wait a ridiculous amount of time to get the money.  You were supposed to pay at the time that you had contracted to pay.  You didn't do that, so they had to run after you.  They don't want to take the chance on having to do that again.

I think a lot of posters here really did try to help you.  You asked for advice, and you got some advice that was really good.  If you post a question and ask for advice, you have to be prepared to hear what people have to say.  I don't think anyone here was especially tough or mean.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

I would never beg a retailer to take my money.

I've stopped shopping at certain retailers for less than this mess.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

I would never beg a retailer to take my money.

I've stopped shopping at certain retailers for less than this mess.

I wouldn't either.  There are plenty of other places to shop.  For sure I would chalk this up to "lesson learned", let it go, and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

Why is so important to shop at QVC?  Based on the way your account was handled, you're now a high-risk and QVC has chosen to severe ties with you.  We're talking about a home shopping network not something important like your home.

Trusted Contributor

Shop elsewhere, and don't buy what you can't pay for.

Honored Contributor

The account was written off to bad debts when it was placed for collection.   Businesses do not wait for a collection agency to recover.    Recoveries (if any)  do NOT go back to the original account, which has been closed.      Collection agency fees range from 33 to 50 percent, plus court costs.     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

It was a joint checking account that we shared, but closed shortly after he left. I was on my own for the first time in 25 years, and had to figure out how to keep a roof over my head and take care of my child. He wasn't responsible for the purchases, I was. A few months later was when I opened the QCard, but at the time, the credit limit wasn't very high, and I couldn't move the payments over there.

These facts keep changing.  

@Shawnee  The OP hasn't changed the facts, the problem is too many people write responses without bothering to read what the OP writes first, getting everyone confused with misinformation.  If it's too much trouble to at least read the problem, go watch TV or something and refrain from offering advice. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Correct.  IF a bad debt is placed with a collection agency and then is paid the collection agency keeps a large percentage and only the remaining amount is returned to the original vendor who was owed the money.  THe OP keeps claiming she paid the amount owed but QVC still took a loss.

Respected Contributor

Circling

The original Qcard was only in the husband's name and thus his responsibility for the debts on the card. He closed his Qcard account.

The joint checking account was closed thus any funds drawn from that account ended.

She opened her own Qcard, and needed her own checking account.

Any checks written/drawn from the shared closed checking account would bounce, and would incur penalties from the bank and any company due payment.

She could not get the debt transferred from her husband's card because she was not on it, but if she wrote checks on a closed account for it she would be responsible for the check, however the Qcard bill in his name only would be sent to him alone.

She failed to make payments on her card.

She has bad credit and is a risk.

A company can close membership to credit risks. A bank can deny opening an account to anyone who has proven to be not responsible.

She owns the problem and created this tale.

Honored Contributor

Not sure how much I believe, first post and its this. You have to use a credit card on easy pay, you get warnings if there is an issue, at least 2 letters or more before anything is done to the account

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.