Occasional Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

I really appreciate your kindness! Thanks so much!

Trusted Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

They never closed my QCard or anyother cards, just my membership. My QCard is still active. The easy-pays were coming out of an account that my husband had, and he closed it after he moved out. I then opened my QCard, but they wouldn't put the balance on the card. I don't understand why people have to be so mean on here! I guess that's also what kept me from posting anything before now. For the record, I paid what I owed. I've never been in collections before with them.

They wouldn't let you transfer your easypay balances from the old credit card card to your new  Q-card ?  Did they tell you why ?  That dosn't sound right, I'ev changed balances from one card to another,  once when I had to close a credit card because it had been compromised, I didn't have any trouble doing it.  I would be interested in why they would let you do it.  I did have a friend at work who lost her membership because she returned to many things, all clothing.  Which everyone at work felt was so unfair as they repeatedly tell people "you can return anything within 30 days no questions asked" and also their sizing is all over the map, but they did.  But there you have it, she was proberly better off, I'm  sure it's saved her a bundel of money over the years since !!!

Esteemed Contributor

It was my marriage ending that put me in this position. I was a stay at home mom for many many years, as he wanted me to be. I hadn't worked for years. When he decided to leave after more than 20 years of marriage, I was left with a special needs child and no job! Therefore, I fell behind on my payments. I was never in "collections" before. I did let them know that I would take care of it as soon as I was able. I did pay it off, just not as fast as they would have wanted. I understand its a business, but it was out of my hands!

Your inability to pay is not QVC's problem, though.  As several of us have said, this is a business decision.  You didn't pay as you had agreed to, so they put you in Collections, and then you didn't pay for more than a year.  They're choosing not to do business with you again, which is within their rights.  It's really as simple as that.

Lots of us have been thru tough times, and most of us come thru that with battle scars, lessons learned, and prices paid.  So this is one of the prices you're paying for the situation you found yourself in.  Life isn't always fair, and QVC is a business.  If they got involved in everyone's personal problems and let people take years to pay, they would be out of business in no time.  I think it would help if you would take the emotion out of it and stop taking it personally.  Fortunately, you can still order thru relatives, so if I were you, I would continue to do that, and not let this angst take up anymore space in my head.

Respected Contributor

They never closed my QCard or anyother cards, just my membership. My QCard is still active. The easy-pays were coming out of an account that my husband had, and he closed it after he moved out. I then opened my QCard, but they wouldn't put the balance on the card. I don't understand why people have to be so mean on here! I guess that's also what kept me from posting anything before now. For the record, I paid what I owed. I've never been in collections before with them.

The easy pays were coming from an account your name was not on, it was your husband's account only, therefore he would have been responsible for the money that was due. Even after closing the account, the debt would still be in his name only. You could not transfer that debt to your account. Of course you were not in collections for the funds owed, if in collections it would have been in his name. You paid the money to whom. Um, Q card or not, your membership is considered questionable. Something is off here.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you. I can't offer any advice other than what others have suggested in contacting corporate.

But I wanted to send some compassion your way.

If this is important to you, and worth fighting for, then fight for it. Ask if there's an appeal process. Imo people should get a second chance, especially after divorce. QVC is a business, but it is run by human beings.  Good luck.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your input. Just to let you know though, they never closed my QCard, it has a pretty high credit limit, and I think I owe $35 on it. I have been paying on it and never fell behind. I did make a few purchases before I knew the account was closed, and it hasn't been an isssue. I think the QCard is separate from QVC. Not sure how that works though.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclets wrote:

The easy pays were coming from an account your name was not on, it was your husband's account only, therefore he would have been responsible for the money that was due. Even after closing the account, the debt would still be in his name only. You could not transfer that debt to your account. Of course you were not in collections for the funds owed, if in collections it would have been in his name. You paid the money to whom. Um, Q card or not, your membership is considered questionable. Something is off here.

@chiclets  So smart - such a good point, if it was in her husbands name and he closed it why would she have to pay it off, she wouldn't he would.   I don't get this at all.  Something IS off here !!!!

Respected Contributor

Start over again with a new shopping channel, @Mother to Nicholas.  It's the only thing you can do.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Occasional Contributor

It was a joint checking account that we shared, but closed shortly after he left. I was on my own for the first time in 25 years, and had to figure out how to keep a roof over my head and take care of my child. He wasn't responsible for the purchases, I was. A few months later was when I opened the QCard, but at the time, the credit limit wasn't very high, and I couldn't move the payments over there.

Respected Contributor

It was a joint checking account that we shared, but closed shortly after he left. I was on my own for the first time in 25 years, and had to figure out how to keep a roof over my head and take care of my child. He wasn't responsible for the purchases, I was. A few months later was when I opened the QCard, but at the time, the credit limit wasn't very high, and I couldn't move the payments over there.

These facts keep changing.