Respected Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

I fell behind on easy pay's in Fall of 2015. My account went to collections, and a few months ago, I paid what I owed. I contacted customer service and they told me my account was permanently closed and that I couldn't reopen it....... ever!  They never asked what happened, why I fell behind or anything. I have been a member since CVN, and never ever had any issues with my accont. They told me there isn't anything I can do. Does anyone have any suggestions as I miss my Q very dearly!! Please help me figure out how to get my membership reinstated!!! Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!!

Are you married?  Open a new account under his name.  

Respected Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

Check out another shopping channel. I have been enjoying Evine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you owed them money and didn't pay it for over a year, I can totally see how they would cut you off.

Like somebody else already said, it doesn't matter why or anything on an emotional level.  It's a business and if you buy merchandise without paying for it they aren't interested in your business.    It's pretty cut and dry.  

If I did that to a company I certainly wouldn't expect them to want to do business with me.  If somebody did that TO me I wouldn't want to do business with them, either.

Occasional Contributor

It was my marriage ending that put me in this position. I was a stay at home mom for many many years, as he wanted me to be. I hadn't worked for years. When he decided to leave after more than 20 years of marriage, I was left with a special needs child and no job! Therefore, I fell behind on my payments. I was never in "collections" before. I did let them know that I would take care of it as soon as I was able. I did pay it off, just not as fast as they would have wanted. I understand its a business, but it was out of my hands!

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Maybe this will help you understand qvc's logic.  They closed both your qcard and your account because you did not pay,  Since you said that you got behind on account of easy pays, they will not accept even other forms of payment.  This is because when you use easy pay you get the merchandise and pay in the future.  They cannot risk that you will do the samething that you did with your qcard on another card.  I think this probably happens to many people who buy using easy pay, just way too easy to get in real deep.  Far better to save up for want you want and pay for it.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mother to Nicholas, It certainly seems they've made themselves perfectly clear. You are invited to take your business elsewhere.

That lengthy collection process was costly, and WE paid for it.

So while I've had times where outflow exceeded income, and I can sympathise with your plight, having a business permanently close their door to you is part of the price of spending money you don't have. 

Occasional Contributor

They never closed my QCard or anyother cards, just my membership. My QCard is still active. The easy-pays were coming out of an account that my husband had, and he closed it after he moved out. I then opened my QCard, but they wouldn't put the balance on the card. I don't understand why people have to be so mean on here! I guess that's also what kept me from posting anything before now. For the record, I paid what I owed. I've never been in collections before with them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mother to Nicholas You sound like a good person who got into a bad situation. I hope you're getting support from your ex for yourself & your son.I can't imagine how betrayed you must feel.

Try contacting corporate.It's true that they're a business that focuses on the bottom line.But the business is run by people some of whom have hearts I'm sure.Maybe you'll get one of them who could work something out with you.

Good luck!!👍

Honored Contributor

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

They never closed my QCard or anyother cards, just my membership. My QCard is still active. The easy-pays were coming out of an account that my husband had, and he closed it after he moved out. I then opened my QCard, but they wouldn't put the balance on the card. I don't understand why people have to be so mean on here! I guess that's also what kept me from posting anything before now. For the record, I paid what I owed. I've never been in collections before with them.

You should have known when you posted this information that people might be critical.  We can see both your viewpoint and QVC's whereas you just see yours.  Your situation was unfortunate but a multi million dollar business in not a charity and can't be run like a social service agency.  Time to move on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment