Occasional Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

That's what they're telling me. Nobody in customer service has asked the reason why I fell behind, or what was going on with me. I really didn't choose to fall behind, I was having a lot of personal issues at the time. I have paid my past due balance, but they don't really care.

Occasional Contributor

Re: My account has been permanently terminated!! They won't allow me to re-open it!

I have tried other payment methods. It tells me to contact customer service. When I do, they tell me its a "corporate decision". I really don't know what to do. I really would like my privliges back! I have been ordering through a family members account, but I want my account back!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mother to Nicholas  Like I said before try calling the corporate office.That's your only option at this point.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Is it the credit account they have closed? Can you pay by check and still buy from QVC. 

I don't have a Q card account.  I didn't like the bank they dealt with... they did switch over.  But there was a credit for a return and it was not reported properly...and when I went to pay they still said I owed. TIMING...  QVC backed me but the credit card company said I was late 20-30 days and reported me.  Me, Me, someone who pays on time and the full amount.. have been doing that for years.  QVC did try...   and finally the credit companies took off the DING siding with me.  I simply removed the Q card from my account and I pay with my Visa.  I have a feeling the credit card they use  is harsh and unforgiving even if they might be totally wrong. But to send the late to the credit bureaus for only one month is over the top.  QVC can keep their Q card.

You might want to check to see what they "have on you" by calling the credit card company you used.  Something does not sound right. 

@bonnielu  Read post #5, it's not her credit card.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment

It is not QVC it is the bank the they use now that has implemented all these new rules.  It is the worst bank and I want nothing to do with them ever.  Their name  Syncronicity.   Check our there reviews on line not good.

Honored Contributor

Are you referring to your Q Card?  If you are, use a credit or a debit card or pay by check or money order. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

I fell behind on easy pay's in Fall of 2015. My account went to collections, and a few months ago, I paid what I owed. I contacted customer service and they told me my account was permanently closed and that I couldn't reopen it....... ever!  They never asked what happened, why I fell behind or anything. I have been a member since CVN, and never ever had any issues with my accont. They told me there isn't anything I can do. Does anyone have any suggestions as I miss my Q very dearly!! Please help me figure out how to get my membership reinstated!!! Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!!

It seems that they've decided that you're too much of a risk.  Yes, you paid, but they had to put you in Collections (which costs them money), and even then it took over a year for you to pay.  I'm sympathetic, I really am, but QVC doesn't care why you fell behind. They provided the goods that you ordered, and then had to chase you down for payment.  So you violated the contract that we all make when we place orders (with any company).  They've apparently decided that it's in their best interest not to let you order from them anymore, and they have the right to do that.

I guess there's no harm in pursuing this further if you want to.  They may or may not stick to their initial decision.  They probably have set standards for this kind of thing, and being put in Collections or taking over a year to finally pay might be reason enough  in their eyes to cut you off.  They also might have looked at your buying habits, returns, payments in the past, and other things.

I know this sounds harsh, but I really do empathize with you.  I've gone thru tough times myself, completely not my fault.  But business is business, and unfortunately ths kind of thing can and does happen.  

Honored Contributor

@Mother to Nicholas wrote:

That's what they're telling me. Nobody in customer service has asked the reason why I fell behind, or what was going on with me. I really didn't choose to fall behind, I was having a lot of personal issues at the time. I have paid my past due balance, but they don't really care.

Of course, they don't care now.  And they shouldn't care, Qvc is a business.  Obviously, you owed a lot of money for long time.  Perhaps if you'd been honest and forthright and explained your predicament when you first ran into trouble, something could have been worked out.  Like any debt, when it goes to collection, it's to late. 

Trusted Contributor

Look up QVC's General Terms and Conditions.

They​ have the right to terminate your account (services) for any reason.

Termination

These Terms are effective until terminated by QVC. QVC may terminate these Terms without notice and at any time in connection with any of the QVC Services. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access those QVC Services, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to the Content, and the disclaimers, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms shall survive termination.

QVC shall also have the right without notice and at any time to terminate some or all of the QVC Services or any feature or portion thereof, or any products or services offered through them, or to terminate any individual's right to access or use of the QVC Services or any feature or portion thereof.

Here's their legal dept. address (maybe write them there?)

QVC, Inc.
Corporation Service Company
2704 Commerce Drive, Suite B
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Attn: Legal Department

Respected Contributor

Uhhh, just move on?