Occasional Contributor

Re: My Mother passed-away and I've been trying to have her QVC gift card funds transfered to my acco

@software wrote:

This doesn't surprise me.

QVC Legal Department is run as poorly as all their other departments.

I don't know how trusts work but if you are the trustee, you shouldn't have to jump through any hoops.    

@software

Yeah, I'm tired of this hoop jumping, LOL. I keep getting one of my leg's caught and I fall flat on the floor when it comes to this QVC sitiuation. I was contacted by QVC after I posted my story the first time. That was a little over two weeks ago and I havn't heard a thing back from them....yet (I'm not holding my breath, just my knee because I keep getting my leg caught on that darn hoop and I fall.) 

Thanks for the reply, Mark

Honored Contributor

Re: My Mother passed-away and I've been trying to have her QVC gift card funds transfered to my acco

Each state has it own rules about distribution of an estate and the "chain of command", 
at least that went right for you.

I do not envy you. It took me over a year to straighten my parents estate.

Hope you get your Mom's QVC account straightened out.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, it's been a little over two weeks since I recieved a reply from QVC acknowledging my sitiuation.

...and nothing since.

I just don't understand why QVC can not get to the bottom of this and let me know what their decision is. This is not the first time for this. I thought I'd come here because it offered a different avenue to contact them. 

I guess my sister and I should have bought Mom something else for Christmas besides QVC gift cards.

Here's an idea! If they won't transfer the money to my QVC account, donate it to the Shriner's Hospital for Children.

Thank you for your time readers, Mark 

Valued Contributor

can you just log into her account and use them? I would try and do that. or if they are in an email to her just use them. 

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

can you just log into her account and use them? I would try and do that. or if they are in an email to her just use them. 

@tockerman

that sounds like an easy way to take care of the problem.

even if he didnt want to use the amount right away, he could use her money to purchase a gift card......and then add the amount to his own qvc account to be used as needed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Mark,

I am so sorry for your loss and this craziness isn't helping, is it? Thank you so  much for posting this. I have an older sister who loves the Q. I have given her a couple of QVC gift cards which she has used (both were $100 gift cards). She is getting forgetful and after reading this I won't be giving her anymore QVC gift cards. I am named as her executor and I do not want to go through what you're going through.

Best of luck to you in resolving this.

Honored Contributor

@Mark_Sdid you email Mike George? He has a team who reads all his emails and if they are going to address your problem they will phone you up pretty quickly. At least you would know what they are thinking on their end.

Respected Contributor

Mark, so sorry for your loss. My mom passed 4 years ago and everyone wanted a death certificate, so they may require that.

@drizzellla, Working with my mom's trust was na nightmare after her passing. It was a real mess.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Mark, so sorry for your loss. My mom passed 4 years ago and everyone wanted a death certificate, so they may require that.

@drizzellla, Working with my mom's trust was na nightmare after her passing. It was a real mess.

Sorry to hear that Catter. My Dad had a serious stroke so my Mom handled the finances the last 10 years. But she failed to keep any records. 

I hope in 4 years you got everything settled.

Occasional Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

@tockerman

I tried that, was needing a new cell. I'm not sure, but since the account hadn't been used in several years a QVC rep. called and left a message. She wanted mom to call back. I guess they thought some funny bussiness was going on. I called back and explained and she said she would pass the info. on to corprate. I've been told that before (my sister too!) ...and no call backs.

I did open my own QVC account after that to buy a new cell phone (with my own credit card.)

Funny, I could have gone next door and asked my 80 year old friend to pose as mom. She and mom were good friends. All I would have to do is jot the QVC account info. down and have her repete it to the rep. How the heck would QVC know the differance?

...and if she did get stuck on something all she would have to do is say "I'm not sure. You'll have to talk to my son, he takes care of all my bussiness needs" (which I did for mom.)

Trust me, that really did happen (pass the phone to me.) more than one time during the last years of my mom's life. Remember, she was in her mid-90s when she died and some times your memory just isn't what it use to be. I found out most people are "forgiving" when they are speaking/dealing with floks of that age. 

Thanks for your reply, Mark