Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

My Mother passed-away and I've been trying to have her QVC gift card funds transfered to my account.

Hello, over a year ago my Mom passed (at 96) and she had accumalated $400 dollars to her QVC account via gift cards that my sister and I had given her for Birthdays and such.

Between my sister and myself we've contacted QVC (customer service) several times (to no avail.)

At one point QVC headquaters told us that we would have to send  'Power of Attorney' paper work. It doesn't sound like QVC has a "Qualified" legal Dept., because 'Power of Attorney' has NOTHING to do with a deceased person (only living.)

In my case it's a mater of Trustee. I'm the appointed Trustee as it is writen in my Mother's Trust. Weeks ago, I was given a Fax number by a person in the Customer Service Dept. According to them it was the "right" dept to contact.

Like a lot of people I don't own a Fax machine, so I went to my local Fedex office store and faxed all paper work needed ($20 dollars worth of Faxing.) to show I was the the legal Trustee. After she passed I must have done this at least 10 times to claim 'rights' to her property. Including life insurance, her home, bank accounts and stocks, well into six figures, so I know the paper work sent to QVC was correct, but still I have not heard from QVC on this matter.

If QVC has a policy that they will not transfer funds of a deceased person and that said funds are the 'property' of QVC then they need to step-up to the plate and let me know!

Someone at QVC, PLEASE contact me!

Thank you QVC, Mark_S 

Honored Contributor

Re: My Mother passed-away and I've been trying to have her QVC gift card funds transfered to my acco

@Mark_S  I can't help you, but just popped in to let you know that I used to fax from FedEx office too and it is costly.  Our libraries have all recently let us fax for free!  It's been saving me quite a bit of money! Please check to see whether your libraries do this now (ours didn't used to).

I hope someone in Customer Care helps you out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Mother passed-away and I've been trying to have her QVC gift card funds transfered to my acco

[ Edited ]

You can take a picture of the documents with your cell phone and email it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In addition to @Pearlee's and @hopi's helpful suggestions, I wanted to add that if you have a printer with scanning capability you can scan documents and attach the image to an email message.   

Welcome to the forums, @Mark_S.   I'm sorry about your mother's passing.   I hope someone on the QVC Social Team, here in the Community, can help.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mark_S  I can't help you, but just popped in to let you know that I used to fax from FedEx office too and it is costly.  Our libraries have all recently let us fax for free!  It's been saving me quite a bit of money! Please check to see whether your libraries do this now (ours didn't used to).

I hope someone in Customer Care helps you out.

My local library still charges 25¢ per page to fax. So whether it's free, or you're charged a small price like I am, it's a lot better than going to Fed Ex.

Respected Contributor

Put gift cards in the search bar and you will get the rules that QVC has about them and who to get in touch with in case there is a problem.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mark_S, I would think you would have to send them a copy of her death certificate and proof you are trustee for her estate.

Respected Contributor

This must be so frustrating to you.  I stopped buying QVC gift cards after a less than best experience.  I had purchased one for my sister right before Thanksgiving, her birthday is mid December.  I thought that would be plenty of time.  It wasn't.  When I would call QVC for assitance/help, all they would say is that it's handled thru a secondary company, not QVC.  So, when I called them, all the info that had was that I ordered one and what day.  Couldn't tell me if it's been sent or when it will be sent.  QVC can't help you because they are not purchased thru them.  The company (I forget the name, star something?) is terrible.  But I think you may have to contact them.  So sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

I'd have to think twice before I give gift cards since reading this post. Can you imagine all the money the Q has gotten for free from gift cards bought for the elderly that were never used. Dead or alive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

Put gift cards in the search bar and you will get the rules that QVC has about them and who to get in touch with in case there is a problem.

Great suggestion, @Janey2.   

I didn't realize this:    "QVC Gift Cards, powered by CashStar."   

The fact that another company manages the program might be part of the problem.

I'll add some links for @Mark_S in case it helps:

Gift Card Terms and Conditions

https://qvc.cashstar.com/about/terms_and_conditions/

Gift Card Customer Support

https://qvc.cashstar.com/self_service/register

and

https://qvc.cashstar.com/about/customer_support/contact/

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

https://qvc.cashstar.com/about/faq/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova