Honored Contributor

Re: My First Return Issue - Never say Never

Stuff happens.  I see where one of the Mods said she'll be in touch with you.  Hopefully, you'll get a speedy resolution.

Respected Contributor

I had a package ship  then 1/2 way there it just sat for a week and that post office. Burned me up

Honored Contributor

Your post spurred me on to check on my recent return.  It was a turquoise bracelet that they shipped in a small when I had ordered a medium.  I just assumed I would get credit for both postage charges and never bothered to verify.  Well, thanks to you the C.S. rep credited me the missing amount.  I always get the receipt from the post office, in fact they just give it to us at our little town office.  It never occurred to me that QVC wouldn't read the return slip and notice their error.  So, people, get your return receipt at the PO even when using the pre-paid label.  And check on the return amount once credit is issued.  LD, I sure hope they find your package.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Even if you used the return label - you should have asked for tracking capability on an item that large - Good luck!

There is tracking using the QVC return tracking number.  Nothing shows up

@Lipstickdiva  For this very reason, on the rare times I do use QVC's return label (when something is defective and Q will not deduct that postage from my return)  I take the time to stand in line and have the counter celrk at the PO scan in it.  It then shows up in tracking information as "Acceptance at P.O. in {my city.}

From then on it's insured per the return label and I have proof that I sent it on its way.  I never just drop it off at the PO.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

did you also get a receipt from usps when you dropped it off?

Many post offices, mine included, will no longer give receipts.  They say when they scan it, it generates proof. They have these so-called shipping partners that make pick ups from the postal branches.  Apparently they choose the pace at which they work, and some are very slow. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

did you also get a receipt from usps when you dropped it off?

Many post offices, mine included, will no longer give receipts.  They say when they scan it, it generates proof. They have these so-called shipping partners that make pick ups from the postal branches.  Apparently they choose the pace at which they work, and some are very slow. 

i am not sure about the "many" post offices doing this, but i do wonder WHY some do give you a receipt and some dont/wont? it seems like they should all have a standard procedure.  i have never had a problem getting receipts when i hand it over to the clerk. sometimes they automatically give it to me, sometimes i ask for it, and sometimes they offer me a choice. at the post offices i use in three states, i never have this receipt issue.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  Same here. And if a customer asks for a "drop off receipt" the PO should give one.

Honored Contributor

If you have a heavy, bulky item like an exercise machine, you can use the Q label and arrange for a USPS pick-up.  I wasn't at home but left the box on the porch with a note "for USPS"  They got it and sent an email verification.  There are instructions under "Customer Service". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I use 2 different Post Offices for returns. Neither one gives a receipt for a package using the QVC return label.

Trusted Contributor

My post office won't give receipts either.

The way around that is to write down the tracking order number, which is right on the return label. Then you can check the number online to see it get scanned in and when it does.

Then track it from there. If it doesn't show as "scanned" shortly after drop off, you catch it quicker if you have the number.

Sometimes I just take a pic of the label on the box, because my phone dates pictures, so I don't forget what day I brought it to post office. I honestly don't even go to post office much (since they won't give receipt anyway). I just leave a note to my postman, telling him there is a box in (wherever I leave it...in garage, inside storm door) and he gets out of his truck and takes it.