Frequent Contributor

Multiple colors of one item with new ordering site

This morning, I ordered multiple colors of one item.  In between each color, the new ordering site sent me to the shopping cart, so I had to go back to the original item site to order the second, and, again, to order the third item.  What a waste of my time.  Just let me put everything in the cart first, then go to the cart site.  What a horrible change!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Multiple colors of one item with new ordering site

The order entry process can't read your mind to know you plan to order another item.  That's the way most websites are constructed.  I just ordered CD's from Amazon and for each order .....I was taken to the cart.  After 5 back & forth .....my order was complete.  Check Out!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

The order entry process can't read your mind to know you plan to order another item.  That's the way most websites are constructed.  I just ordered CD's from Amazon and for each order .....I was taken to the cart.  After 5 back & forth .....my order was complete.  Check Out!

Well-thought-out  and user-friendly sites ask you if you wish to continue shopping or go to checkout after you hit buy, or just show the cart icon updated. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetiredATC all you need do is click on the item in your cart and it takes you right to the item again, make your choice and add to cart and repeat.  Must not have been too much of a waste of time if you completed the orders.

Honored Contributor

Most online websites don't make you go to the cart, back and forth.  Usually an item is put into your cart and you'd click on the cart icon to see what you had there.

I agree with the OP that this isn't a good change.  QVC hosts are always telling customers to buy items in "more than one color".  "Get a neutral and then get a color."

You shouldn't have to bounce back and forth between the cart and the item you're trying to order in multiples.  If it doesn't bother some shoppers, that's fine, but the OP has a legitimate point and doesn't need to be scolded for making it.

Esteemed Contributor

At least in my experience, this is not a change—I have always had to go back and forth between the product page and the cart to order variations of an item.

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Well-thought-out  and user-friendly sites ask you if you wish to continue shopping or go to checkout after you hit buy, or just show the cart icon updated. 

Well, there's the problem. Smiley Wink

QVC.com has often felt like an afterthought. They do some things really well, and other things.... not so much.

I do all of my QVC shopping online, often on my mobile phone. I cannot remember the last time I picked up the phone and called in an order.