Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Christmas Set of 4 Lit Nostalgic Holiday Figures w/ Bags

@homedecor1 wrote:

@rms1954 

I would agree but lately there has been alot of price changing or "flash free shipping" -- I haven't bothered to call for $2.00 - $5.00 but those little amounts ADD up multiplied by thousands of customers for QVC to keep...in my case, it's not only a price reduction but free shipping...

a $19 price difference is substantial and QVC needs to stop "playing these games"...if they can offer as a $19.98 item now they shouldn't make it "A Big Deal" just clearance the item.  That's only fair to customer -- then the theory you use would be fair ...

Obviously, QVC is stuck with lots of these "overpriced" items so what better way to unload them!!!

It is substantial, I agree. But I asked for a credit on an item offered during Xmas in July that I purchased and was told they could only honor credits on a price difference for 30 days.  Just saying.  Go in a store and ask or another online purchase from anywhere and  you'll be told the same thing.

Honored Contributor

yes I agree but QVC plays this pricing game a lot lately!!!

@rms1954 we can agree to disagree🙂🙂

I just checked a Temptations item I bought full price it's now 1/2 price less than 90 days🙄...in fact, I haven't even unpacked it🤷‍♀️

have a good day -- hope it's a better one than you've been having (from your other post).

Respected Contributor

There is no need to be upset about a price change almost SIX months later.

You ordered the product and had it available to use for this holiday season.

Those who are purchasing now will probably NOT really be able to use them until next year.

That is what always happens for the holidays--AFTER-Christmas sales.  And yes, starting the sales in mid-December is very common as so many people decorate by late November, especially this year.

The good thing is that you were able to buy something that you liked, and it did not sell out. When you purchased it you thought the price was reasonable.  Don't let minor things in life get to you!

Respected Contributor

I bought 4 sets in July.  I emailed the Qteam today and they gave me a refund for the difference.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

You are very lucky!

I emailed the team today and Anjalena said she could not give me a price adjustment because it extends past the 30 day return policy.  I only purchased one set, but still... 🤔 

It doesn't seem fair to give a price adjustment to some customers as opposed to others.  I could technically return the whole set because of their holiday return policy, but it is not worth the hassle.  However, it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Esteemed Contributor

This was a good year to wait for clearance and big deals!  I don't feel people are spending much $ this year, especially on Christmas items.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

@CookieC25 wrote:

I purchased 2 sets of these Mr. Christmas figurines for $36.30 each plus $3.50 shipping each as a TSV on July 3, 2020. Now QVC2's Big Deal has them for $19.98 and free shipping. Yes, the item numbers are different but it is the same product. That is $16.32 difference for each set. If this was an after Christmas clearance, I wouldn't feel like everyone who purchased a set was ripped off. I thought there was a six month price guarantee for TSV's. Everyone who purchased these should be given a credit. QVC2 is a part of QVC and should honor the pricing guarantee. Item number switch does not make this a different product offer. It is identical the one I purchased in July. I paid a total of $84.14 including tax and shipping. If I purchased the Big Deal, it would have cost me $42.46 total. I feel like I'm speaking for everyone who purchased these figurines this past July.

@CookieC25 the 6-month price guarantee is for One Time Onlys and One Day Onlys, NOT for TSV's. TSV's are advertised as "our best daily find"

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps its just me but 5 months later I would not expect a price adjustment.  This item when I first saw it advertised yesterday was being billed as an after christmas clearance sale they are advertising early.  

I feel that way about free shipping as well, if I ordered something 2 days ago and today its free shipping I do not expect a refund on that.  That is just buiness.

I am on a fixed income and I don't buy a whole lot but I understand these businesses are doing the best they can in some very strange times.

I don't think they are playing games, I think they are conducting a business.

Honored Contributor

Order the ones offered at $19.99 and return the others ..... that's an option

Honored Contributor

I also called.  No dice.  Any one who was given the credit, (if true), were given it and should not have.  I know it's not fair, but what is????

Merry Christmas all!!!

Grin and bear it.