Occasional Contributor

More cons than pros for shopping QVC anymore

Who maintains the QVC website -- 3rd graders at an elementary school? It is atrocious!!

I just spent 15 minutes trying to fix a shipping address when the address was not even the problem. It kept telling me that one of the items in my basket could not be shipped to the address and asked me to edit my address!  The address was fine so I tried it several times to get the same message each time. I finally had to call customer service and was told that it was probably due to one of the items being sold out! Good grief, why not simply display a message stating the item is sold out? It was obviously not the first and only time this has happened because that was the first explanation offered. So QVC is fully aware of the problem but their online customers mean so little to them they expect them to spend however long trying to fix it and figure it out!

Many times when I am in a hurry to order an item, I'll click the color and size and click add to cart but before it appears in teh cart, they slide the QVC card offer into the Add to cart spot and it takes me to a screen to sell me a QVC card and I have to start over. 

If I click on a review to select helpful - yes or no -- it takes me to a sign on page to sign on to make a review when all I want to do is click on yes, it's helpful!

There is no excuse for a company the size of QVC to have such a poorly designed, inefficient website. This, in addition to their horrific shipping charges, to and from, is just about all I want to take of QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Re: More cons than pros for shopping QVC anymore

@Scotland   Very often when the system will not allow you to add an item to your cart, it's because there's some law in your state forbidding the item from being sold usually due to environmental concerns.  This is especially common for people living in California.  There were other states that didn't allow certain stuffed animals be shipped there.  That's where the "address" part comes into play.  I don't think the problem was a sell out.

You can eliminate some of those annoying credit card ads by installing an ad blocker free app on your computer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,Kachina. The problem was a pair of ankle jeans that were in my cart had sold out in  the color I had selected.  The customer service rep told me as soon as I called what the problem was and when I removed that item from my cart the order went through. So much for keeping an item in the cart for an hour -- it was much less than an hour when I finalized the order.  

Valued Contributor

The last 2 days every time I try to add an item to my Cart, I get a message that something went wrong and to call the toll free # - it happened yesterday and today both - I cannot figure out why.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I've been getting that message a lot lately too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Scotland wrote:

Thanks,Kachina. The problem was a pair of ankle jeans that were in my cart had sold out in  the color I had selected.  The customer service rep told me as soon as I called what the problem was and when I removed that item from my cart the order went through. So much for keeping an item in the cart for an hour -- it was much less than an hour when I finalized the order.  

@Scotland 

I think you are misunderstanding....

"Items will remain in your cart for one hour" does NOT mean it is Holding the item for you.

All it means is that it will be shown in your cart during that time.  After one hour, it moves down to 'Saved Items'

I do not believe anyone has been able to find a QVC written policy guaranteeing the stock is being held for you.  Unfortunately, it is Not.

I have placed a couple items in my cart and by time I get to the latter stages of order finalizing, it is gone.  Others were faster than me.

I have had it happen that I place an item in my cart, then go back to watch the video.  When I return, it has sold out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Scotland I totally agree.  They chastized me in a letter for too many returns ...first time in the 25 years since I have been a customer. The leter suggested I read the reviews and watch the video presentations.  Trouble is I ou could not access the videos nor the reviews for about three weeks.  Then reviews  came  back mysteriously and left again for three more weeks.  They have been back for the last week, however, I sense something is happening since the are buffering and sending reload messages.   I have checked everthing including new browser, cookies and a discussion with my internet provided. I know others have had problems such as this as well.  When I contacted CS the said to change the browser and told me they were "working on the problem"  No provider who wants to remain in business treats its on-line customers like this.  In fact Q should refund my return fees due to negligence with regard to their website.  Whatever, I do not judge or blame the customer service reps the are just the poor messengers.  No company should treat its on-line customers this way.  I have no problem with other on-line vendors, including HSN.  I don't order as much anymore.