Super Contributor

Money Down Drain Due To Returns

I realize QVC is in the business of selling products and hosts are going to "gush" over the items and tell you what fantastic deals they are. I must admit I do get sucked in. However, I am beginning to wise up and am SO tired of ordering items that I end up having to return because they simply do not meet my expectations. What I have spent having to return items is a figure I don't even want to think about because it would skyrocket my blood pressure. This last purchase of mine was a TSV - the FitBit. The most recent 8-9 reviews are one star. Everyone says there are no directions for getting the device up and working. Now, I am not a very tech-savy person, so I figure if others, who probaby are more tech-savy are having trouble, then I might as well not even try to figure it out. Can you tell I am a bit frustrated?!!!  Maybe I have finally learned to just stick to the old brick and mortar establishments.  

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

Re: Money Down Drain Due To Returns

You are so right!

Honored Contributor

I'll say it again.  If you really want something, pay through PayPal.  

If you return something, PayPal will pay up to $30 return S&H  fee (good for big items) for up to 12 times a year.  If you have a PayPal account, you must opt into this program..it costs nothing.

I have used it a few times and I am pleased.  I have used PayPal for years, it's safe and reliable.

Honored Contributor

I'm very selective as to what I buy from the shopping channels.  As a result, I've had a minimal number of returns.  However, if I found that I had to return a lot, believe me, I'd be shopping elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

If you return something, PayPal will pay up to $30 return S&H  fee (good for big items) for up to 12 times a year.  If you have a PayPal account, you must opt into this program..it costs nothing.

I have used it a few times and I am pleased.  I have used PayPal for years, it's safe and reliable.

Wow. Thank you for that information.  I just signed up!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie, thanks,  Ihad no clue!  My goal is to order less online items.  I shutter to think what I spent sending things back last year.  There are things I would ike to try but not worth the aprox $10.00 to try on and send back if it does not fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

Not to argue but nothing is 100% safe.

I've had my linked credit card hacked on PP

Honored Contributor

This method of shopping is not for everyone.  

Trusted Contributor

You have to think it all through before making a purchase.  Weigh the consequences, i.e. if I don't like it, do I really need it, should I go check it out for price and reviews beforehand (there are online places that review all things, esp tech stuff), and I am willing to pay return S&H."  You have to be a smart shopper.  You absolutely can not put the words of the host or vendor as gospel truth.  Their job is to sell, yours is to decide to buy.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Not to argue but nothing is 100% safe.

I've had my linked credit card hacked on PP

Oh, I agree.  In today's world, nothing is 100% safe.  

I have had PayPal get my money back when an online company never sent out my product and they helped me when an E-Bay seller sent me a knock off item.

They have refunded S&H on returns and they have an ez pay program..usually 6 months with no interest charged.

I used it to do my online Xmas shopping as my Grands wanted sweatshirts from seller who are on YouTube.  Everything went smoothly.  

My DH had a CC hacked that he never uses and saves for emergencies...no idea how that happened. He never used it for online purchases.