Honored Contributor

Re: Mom's Account Deactivated

@SeebeckChris wrote:

"I know she is so disappointed that QVC has no sense of understanding for her medical history, nor any desire to let her pay off her debt and reactivate her account.  I would have never thought this company could be so cold hearted and uncaring about their customers.  My Mom always raved about their customer service and products.  It was a running joke that anything we got from Mom came from QVC.  That joke isn't funny anymore. "

You're kidding.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

This is rather harsh since I know of other retailers that sold to people who had bad credit in the past.

Once credit is restablished in good standing, they don't care about their previous situation.

QVC may have decided to do this because they have too many nonpayers.  People also make excuses for why they didn't make payments.  How does QVC know your mother was telling the truth about her back surgery?  Some people lie; however, it hurts those telling the truth.

If your mother has a credit card that's in good standing for several years, a good credit report, QVC doesn't accept it, it's their loss.  Shop somewhere else. 

@Foxxee Synchrony Bank made the decision, not QVC.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The usual ONE (1) post  customer😶

@SeaMaiden I was thinking the samething.  Never to be seen again.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

This is rather harsh since I know of other retailers that sold to people who had bad credit in the past.

Once credit is restablished in good standing, they don't care about their previous situation.

QVC may have decided to do this because they have too many nonpayers.  People also make excuses for why they didn't make payments.  How does QVC know your mother was telling the truth about her back surgery?  Some people lie; however, it hurts those telling the truth.

If your mother has a credit card that's in good standing for several years, a good credit report, QVC doesn't accept it, it's their loss.  Shop somewhere else. 

@Foxxee Synchrony Bank made the decision, not QVC.

@mspatmac 

That's for the Qcard.  QVC isn't owned by Synchrony.  She could use any other credit card not associated with this bank.  

New Contributor

She doesn't want to use her QCard, she wants to pay it off so QVC will let her have a basic account with them again.

New Contributor

She doesn't want a QVC credit card.  QVC has blocked her address, she can't even get a basic account.

New Contributor

I think people are confused by my post.  My Mom doesn't want a QCard.  QVC won't let her have a basic account.  Her address is blocked - even on a bill-to ship-to.  QVC said unless the QCard she had is paid off she can't even have a basic account.

Honored Contributor

@SeebeckChris  - Once an address is blocked by QVC, there's no way to receive orders from them.  She'll have to use another address if she wants to order from the Q.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeebeckChris - Imo, she has to go through Synchrony Bank to get this handled. That is who handles QVCs payments.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's also another problem. If at anytime the OP's mother moves from that address and someone else moves in, that new occupant will have a problem ordering from QVC. They will have to jump through hoops to prove that they are not the OP's mom.

The address has been blocked.