Honored Contributor

Re: Mom's Account Deactivated

@January121 wrote:

Sorry but, I do not see where either QVC or Synchrony Bank has done anything wrong ... I know you feel bad for your Mom but, this is “life” & things happen ... maybe she should open an account with a bank & get a debit card attached to it ... she can use the debit card to purchase items from QVC ... anything she purchases will be debited from the debit card ... good luck 😊

@January121 

Nope! This happened to a family member of mine and QVC will not allow her to shop here at all, unless she has family or friends order FOR her and ships it to their address, not hers.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@SeebeckChris  Synchrony Bank makes all credit decisions on Private Label cards, like QVC and HSN since they issue the card, QVC is out of that loop. 

Occasional Contributor

QVC doesn't issue the card. Synchrony Bank does.  They are the worst!  I had a similar thing happen to me and I paid it off.  Now I cannot get any type of store card anywhere because they are the issuer of 99% of all store cards, including if you want to buy furniture or appliances.  I won't even apply anymore when I read the small print and see their name as the card issuer.

Honored Contributor

Probably best she doesn't shop qvc anymore and get over her head again anyway. She may need to get a secured prepaid credit card and reestablish her credit. She can use a debit card though that's linked to her checking account. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeebeckChris  if your Mom's name or address show up, most likely she will not be allowed to place an order.

My friend in Florida orders throught her son with a different address and use his card and she pays him back. There are ways around it. Hope I don't get sent to the outer world for suggesting this lol.

She can always try HSN. She might be happy there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use my bank debit card.  l like it that way and makes me think about it  before I purchase.  I have credit cards but emergency use only.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@January121 wrote:

Sorry but, I do not see where either QVC or Synchrony Bank has done anything wrong ... I know you feel bad for your Mom but, this is “life” & things happen ... maybe she should open an account with a bank & get a debit card attached to it ... she can use the debit card to purchase items from QVC ... anything she purchases will be debited from the debit card ... good luck 😊

@January121 

Nope! This happened to a family member of mine and QVC will not allow her to shop here at all, unless she has family or friends order FOR her and ships it to their address, not hers.

@KingstonsMom    WOW .... sorry about that 😢

Esteemed Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal , me too Debit card all the way even thought some people here are against it. I'm protected and like it this way.

Honored Contributor

This is rather harsh since I know of other retailers that sold to people who had bad credit in the past.

Once credit is restablished in good standing, they don't care about their previous situation.

QVC may have decided to do this because they have too many nonpayers.  People also make excuses for why they didn't make payments.  How does QVC know your mother was telling the truth about her back surgery?  Some people lie; however, it hurts those telling the truth.

If your mother has a credit card that's in good standing for several years, a good credit report, QVC doesn't accept it, it's their loss.  Shop somewhere else. 

Honored Contributor

The usual ONE (1) post  customer😶