Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mods please help with Bethlehem Lights Return

Mods please help.

Can't reach customer service or print out a return label. Need to return only 1 of 5 Bethlehem Lights garland ordered for Christmas in July Advanced Order TSV (shipped in September). Lights on one strand of garland will not work, despite fresh batteries. Read in reviews that this has been an issue. Product defective, so I don't want to be charged for S&H either. Other 4 garlands working beautifully.

How can I do a partial return on one big order?

Thank you so much!

Valued Contributor

Re: Mods please help with Bethlehem Lights Return

@Posh Poodle wrote:

Mods please help.

Can't reach customer service or print out a return label. Need to return only 1 of 5 Bethlehem Lights garland ordered for Christmas in July Advanced Order TSV (shipped in September). Lights on one strand of garland will not work, despite fresh batteries. Read in reviews that this has been an issue. Product defective, so I don't want to be charged for S&H either. Other 4 garlands working beautifully.

How can I do a partial return on one big order?

Thank you so much!

@Posh Poodle, did you buy these as 5 individual garlands or were they sold as a bundle of 5 garlands together - if as 5 individuals you can return just one of them and make sure you mark it as defective (when done this way they aren't supposed to charge you the return fee).

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Posh Poodle 

I am sorry that one strand of garland is not working. I have sent a return label to you via USPS and you should receive it in 7-10 days. I have made a note that just 1 strand will be returned. There will be no charge for the return since the item is defective.

Barb

Customer Care

Super Contributor

@debfau 

@Barbara-QVC 

Thank you both for your assistance.

I purchased the 5 garland same day as the special was offered. They were sold individually but arrived together, so to speak. So it wasn't a bundle purchase. I'm able to make due with 4 thank goodness.

Super Contributor

@Barbara-QVC 

Hi Barbara

Another garland strand stopped working today. Lights won't stay on despite fresh batteries. I'll be sending 2 back if you could note that in my file. I'm wondering if they're all going to follow suit?

Honored Contributor

@Posh Poodle - Sounds like, when you get the return label that's being sent to you, you might do better to return all five garlands.  It seems like there might be something wrong with the battery packs (from a few reviews I've read).

I don't know the specific item number you bought or how expensive they were and I know you have until January 31st to return them, but you have to ask yourself, if it's worth the hassle to keep any of them, given that two have already failed.

Super Contributor

@Venezia 

my husband pretty much said the same thing. It is frustrating having to keep reconfiguring these garlands on my porch railings as they stop working. 
your point is well taken and I'm seriously considering it.