Esteemed Contributor

How can I change my poster name? TIA

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mods help,please

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew,   Here's a quick copy and paste from my post in the "HELPFUL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS..." thread.

To change your Community nickname, these are the steps:

1 -- Go into "My Account" (the general account for the shopping site, not the profile/settings for the Community).

2 -- Choose  "My Nickname" (it's under "Personal Information").

3 -- You'll see your current nickname and a box to enter a new one.

4 -- Enter another name you'd prefer to have.

5 -- Click "Continue."

6 -- If it accepts the change (you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one.), then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change won't take effect until you log out and then back in).

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

May I add one thing?

If a name is changed, all the previous nicknames will follow your profile within your posting history. I noticed this when reading an old thread I started.  The 'greyed out' nickname was different than the current nickname...but the same poster. 

Don't know why that would make a difference,

but I just wanted to share my observation. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mods help,please

[ Edited ]

sidsmom wrote:

May I add one thing?

If a name is changed, all the previous nicknames will follow your profile within your posting history. I noticed this when reading an old thread I started.  The 'greyed out' nickname was different than the current nickname...but the same poster. 

Don't know why that would make a difference,

but I just wanted to share my observation. 

@sidsmom,  That's true.   When we change the nickname, it changes it on all our own  previous posts.    That's because the nickname is a "clickable" hyperlink to our posting account.    Altering the nickname in our account won't alter the link to our posting/hearting history.  

The nickname edit can't affect the posts that quoted our posts...  that's because when we quote someone, their nickname converts from a hyperlink to plain text and there's no way (short of having a programmer do it) to go back and alter the quoted plain text.

Not sure if I explained that well... might be clear as mud, since my brain is a wee bit murky today.🙃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care

Thanks everyone for helping out on this request...you are all too fast for me but you have the correct instructions!!

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated!

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

Thanks everyone for helping out on this request...you are all too fast for me but you have the correct instructions!!

Beth QVC

@dooBdoo knows the techie stuff!  

Boom, done.

QVC Customer Care

@Nancy Drew

love, love this nic! fancied myself a sleuth in my younger days as a result of being an avid reader of ALL Nancy Drew books!

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Nancy Drew

love, love this nic! fancied myself a sleuth in my younger days as a result of being an avid reader of ALL Nancy Drew books!

Beth QVC

Oh thank you! That makes my day!

Honored Contributor

just be aware that the solution that @dooBdoo has supplied doesnt always work.....and i am not sure why.

i was sunshine45 and then had to become Sunshine45.....no big deal, but i could never get back sunshine45 and none of the mods or IT could help with it either.

another BIG nancy drew mysteries fan here.......still have my large harcover collection from when i was younger. i generally bought them in order and every time a new one came out i was BEGGING my mom to take me out to buy one.......LOL, then i would finish it in a day or two.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein