Honored Contributor

Re: Mods help,please

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, @Nancy Drew and @Beth-QVC!   And thank you, @sidsmom, for the kind words.   Everyone on this thread has been helpful and gracious to me and to others who've had questions or concerns.    Together we make a pretty good team.   

@sunshine45,  The software clearly has some unpleasant and worrisome weaknesses.   I've seen several posters say they couldn't enter the nickname they, themselves, had previously used.    Even worse, the old software would not permit 2 posters to have identical nicknames...  now, there's what I consider a serious bug in that there are cases of more than one poster permitted identical nicknames.  

These things have been reported, more than once, but the IT support staff either have been given questionable priorities, or they don't care, or they're incompetent.    Sorry to be harsh...  I'm puzzled and unhappy that this site is so poorly designed and managed by the substandard "tech support" people.   (I want to emphasize the fact that this is not the fault of the moderators, by the way.   They are not tech support.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Gosh, Nancy Drew 1, you had such a great idea.  Now I want to be a sleuth too.  If suddenly "Trixie Belden",  "Ginny Gordon"  or  "Cherry Ames"  show up,  you'll know that "Oznell" is history...