Esteemed Contributor

Mods: You Have TWO Threads About The New Checkout

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, or not, but there are TWO duplicate threads about this, and when someone posts on one, it also automatically posts to the other.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mods: You Have TWO Threads About The New Checkout

@Anonymous032819 - There is only one thread plus one "pinned" version of the thread to keep the topic at the top of this forum. That is why there is the same number of posts and activities in the thread at all times. It would be nice if there were some kind of icon or alert about the pinned thread, but that's apparently not how they do things here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're right, @loriqvc, that's what's happening. 👍    When the new forum platform was launched, I noticed if we used the "float topic" feature it would cause the thread to appear twice.   

Just my opinion, but I think it's messy program code and it certainly looks odd.

@Anonymous032819,   It’s a strange appearance, isn’t it?  You'll notice if you click on the nickname of the OP of that thread -- @QVC -- their profile displays only one discussion.

Since it's normally a customized setting specific to us as a user, we would be the only person to see the mirrored thread...  in this case, since the OP has system-wide access as a QVC employee posting account, it's showing up for everyone.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I wonder if Q didn't get hit by a hacker and that's what's really going on

Capital one just did here lately.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE - The thread was posted by QVC to promote the new checkout process—the author is clearly listed as being QVC. And I'm fairly sure no hackers would take the time offer helpful tips about this topic...  Smiley Wink