Honored Contributor

Posting pictures is still horrible.

I just tried to post a picture from my S-9 Samsung and I don't get the icons across the top of the reply box for the thread.  When I just post the picture without text, after insert, the picture never appears in the reply box.  It's in cyber space.

Difficulty posting pictures has gone on quite some time.  Please help us out. 

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ECBG 

Saw a few of your threads about having trouble posting photos. Didn't realize until now you're trying to do this from a phone.

They did some kind of 'improvement'a few years ago that made it impossible to continue using my Samsung phone here.

Using a small tablet now.

You mentioned no icons across the top.

I sometimes see 5, sometimes see 7.

On the phone I'd sometimes see 3.

And yes, I recall waiting and waiting for the picture that sometimes never 'took', never appeared in the reply.

You have my sympathies. I understand your frustration.

Honored Contributor
@dooBdoo Are you having any of these issues? Many thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Mods Please Help

[ Edited ]

Hi, @ECBG!😊   I mentioned on an earlier thread that I think this is associated with the user file database degradation which began last November and the IT department has neglected to resolve.   

I strongly suspect this new image posting problem is not related to device type, software versions, browsers, cookies, etc. -- I think it's more likely related to the 5-month-old November problem with the user file and it's an indication that the seriousness of that problem is escalating.

One of the reasons I think this is so...  the original problem causes the system to take far too long to access some (not all) user profiles when we click on the nicknames (mine and yours are examples of this).   

(Anyone who hasn't experienced this, I invite you to click/tap on my username and see how long it takes for the profile to load.)

When we upload images, our user file has to be accessed by the site software and I think it's running into that old glitch.

Starting in the last few days, if I upload an image with my iMac desktop or iPad 6 it works... but it takes about 45 - 60 seconds for the image to upload after I click/tap the "insert image" notation.   

If I wait long enough the image will eventually upload.

That extended delay is not normal.    I haven't used my iPhone 5 here recently, but I'll try using it to see if it works the same way as my other devices.

If the people experiencing problems with images are also the ones with profiles that are slow to access, that indicates a direct link between the issues.    

@ECBG,  Questions for you while I check my iPhone:   If you don't see the toolbar icons at the top of your dialog box (as mentioned in your original post), how are you uploading the image?    Also, do you have the same problems with your computer or is this limited to your phone? 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Mods Please Help

[ Edited ]

It took about 50 seconds for the image to appear after I tapped "insert image" on my iPhone 5.   (That's too long.)   All software for all my devices is the most current version, including browsers, and I clear cookies/cache/website data at least once a day.

confidence!.JPG

This is the toolbar as it appears on my iPhone, by the way (full desktop view of the site).

IMG_0991.JPG

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Recently< often I don't get the icons across the top when using my phone.  

Another issue with the phone, sometimes I can't slide down enough in the frame to hit "Post" after inserting a picture.

With the desktop, when loading pictures, at times I have had to click on "Uploaded Images" and the picture appeared! I have not lost icons on the desktop at all.

Thank you so very much for the help.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@dooBdoo Recently< often I don't get the icons across the top when using my phone.  

Another issue with the phone, sometimes I can't slide down enough in the frame to hit "Post" after inserting a picture.

With the desktop, when loading pictures, at times I have had to click on "Uploaded Images" and the picture appeared! I have not lost icons on the desktop at all.

Thank you so very much for the help.Smiley Happy

You're welcome, @ECBG, yet I don't think I'm very helpful.   I think this is a big mess on a messy website, growing worse, with no one interesting in researching and resolving it.

Thank you for the follow up.😊   I find it a little more cumbersome to navigate on my old iPhone 5 and slightly so on my iPad 6, too, and that seems to have started perhaps in the last month.

Regarding the images:   when we upload a pic while we're in a thread, the website actually accesses our user profile and adds it there just before adding it to the post.    So I can understand why you find them in your uploaded images, in your user account.    I have no idea why the problem has worsened so that now we have such a problem adding images efficiently to posts.   

Back in November, as soon as the delay in accessing our profiles started it was accompanied by a long delay when we trued to add images to albums.    So, now, it seems to have spread to this new problem adding images to posts.    I wrote a couple of long, detailed email reports to the moderators about the user file troubles months ago, asking them to forward to IT support (which I'm sure they did).    I'll try another email and add new info about image uploads in hopes someone in the tech staff will investigate (unfortunately, I hold out only a modicum of hope that tech support will do anything).   I believe these problems only affect certain user files, and for that reason the QVC Social Team and QVC's tech support aren't receiving constant and clamorous complaints.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Patience is a virtue I need to improve upon. I end up walking away for a few minutes from the IPad and return with hopes the image has posted. 

I wonder how many posters have given up posting due to the issues. 

Sweet dreams, 

🦋

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG.   I'm using a Samsung S2 tablet and have had no trouble posting pictures.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG.   I'm using a Samsung S2 tablet and have had no trouble posting pictures.

@Kachina624 Thank you!  My phone is actually a computer and I can't grt things to load, maybe I didn't wait forever. 

@Andreatoo has shared some slow loading issues as well.  She hasn't mentioned "no icons" and other problems I've had using my phone.