Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mods - EZ Pay - This is not Right

I ordered a few things a few hours ago and they were not on EZ pay, but I ordered them anyway as I wanted them.  Now a few hours later all the items are on EZ pay and I cannot cancel and reorder, nor can CS do this for me.

I cannot understand how you can flip to EZ pay in the middle of the day after we all place our orders.  EZ pay should start at midnight and follow through the next day, for 24 hours, not flip half way through the day!!   Ridiculous!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mods - EZ Pay - This is not Right

Yeah.....they did that a month or so ago with free shipping.  Started it mid day....after I had made some purchases..... 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Regular Contributor

Or, how about this one...I ordered a coat one night, then a couple of days later I got an email to tell me that the coat is not available at the moment, and if it comes in the next 45 days, they'll ship it. 2 days ago, I got an email saying that the coat has shipped. Well tonight I see that the coat is on Prime Time Special for $30. less! Needless to say, I was on the phone fast, and customer service did refund the difference to my credit card. Have to keep an eye on everything LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals - It has been many hours since your post, so I'm not sure if this attempt would work now—but in the future, you could try doing this to see if you can update your payment details: Go to the Order Detail page for the item in your account (Order Status > View My Order) and locate the "Payment Information" section; if the "Edit" link is still there, try clicking it to see if it will offer an Easy Pay option you can choose.

Alternately, if it has only been a few hours since you placed your order and an Easy Pay event begins, you can typically call customer service and have the Easy Pay option applied to your order, since the payment information is the one thing that is often changeable even after an order is marked "In Process."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC considers these "flash sales" and they do this all the time.  They will do a flash easypay during 4 hours of Saturday morning Q or ITKWD or for a couple of hours just because.  That is the chance we take ordering.

If they decide to offer free s/h one day, people that ordered the day before or even a few days before expect that they should get credit for the s/h they paid on their orders.  I just think of it as you win some you lose some.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - I agree. Interestingly, with the most recent free shipping event, there was a clear statement on the promotional banner and messages noting that orders placed before the specific start time of the event were not eligibile for free shipping. I thought that was a very smart move and did a nice job of clarifying the parameters for customers.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Lipstickdiva - I agree. Interestingly, with the most recent free shipping event, there was a clear statement on the promotional banner and messages noting that orders placed before the specific start time of the event were not eligibile for free shipping. I thought that was a very smart move and did a nice job of clarifying the parameters for customers.

But I will bet you that people called and some were given the credit. 

It is amazing to me what people will do or what they expect credit for.