Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,376
Registered: ‎01-14-2017

Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

 

Dear customer service mods,

 

As you know, many posters were upset about the closing of the forums, and posted things that, for whatever reason, you/OVC felt warranted their being banished from posting.

 

As is obvious, posters were emotional about the loss of the forums.  At least one of the banned posters previously had nothing but good things to say about QVC.

 

Since QVC has decided to maintain the forums, I think it would be a nice gesture to reinstate those posters that were banned for posting anything related to the closing of the forums.

 

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

 

Sincerely

 

NYCLatinaMe

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters


@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

 

Dear customer service mods,

 

As you know, many posters were upset about the closing of the forums, and posted things that, for whatever reason, you/OVC felt warranted their being banished from posting.

 

As is obvious, posters were emotional about the loss of the forums.  At least one of the banned posters previously had nothing but good things to say about QVC.

 

Since QVC has decided to maintain the forums, I think it would be a nice gesture to reinstate those posters that were banned for posting anything related to the closing of the forums.

 

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

 

Sincerely

 

NYCLatinaMe


I disagree.  I can think of one where it should have happened a long time ago. Bye, bye.   @NYCLatinaMe 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,469
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

I can think of a one who was pretty rude to other posters...

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,407
Registered: ‎07-07-2010

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

@NYCLatinaMe  I understand how you feel and I have not been on the boards that much lately, but I would wait until everything settles and we see what really happens with these boards before asking for anything else.  I think that I have read that banned posters are permitted to return after a bit of time, so I think that we take one step at a time.  Just my opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎01-04-2014

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

Most boards that I've been on have a system in place where minor infractions are dealt with a time-out period. 

I agree, too soon to tell.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters


@SXMGirl wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe  I understand how you feel and I have not been on the boards that much lately, but I would wait until everything settles and we see what really happens with these boards before asking for anything else.  I think that I have read that banned posters are permitted to return after a bit of time, so I think that we take one step at a time.  Just my opinion.


@SXMGirl  I think there are temporary. bans for periods of time as well as permanent bans too.  I agree with your advice though; one thing at a time abd don't press your luck (to the OP).

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,001
Registered: ‎05-01-2020

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

To me, reinstating them is part of righting the wrong.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters


@ellaphant wrote:

I can think of a one who was pretty rude to other posters...


@ellaphant   Same one.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,376
Registered: ‎01-14-2017

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

 

Hatred corrodes the container it’s carried on.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,827
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Moderators, please reinstate banned posters

@NYCLatinaMe  I don't see hatred at all. Justice perhaps...