Honored Contributor

I went to look at reviews for the TSV. Right on page 1 of the reviews are two non-reviews by people who do not own the sheets. There may well be more. People are using the Review section in this case to ask for a size not provided - which should be asked HERE, not in the Review area.

I don't understand how "reviews" that clearly indicate the "reviewer" has had zero experience with the product make it through any kind of screening. One of the reviews has had 18-19 "no" votes, and I would imagine some of those people reported it (as I did), but it's still there. 

One "review" was 4 stars, the other was 1 star. I would think QVC would want to get rid of a bogus 1-star review, but IMO a bogus 4-5 star review should not be left there either.

QVC often comes under fire from customers for manipulating reviews (we all know it). If they at least got rid of the non-reviews it would look like they were somewhat trying to be truthful.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Mod Help - TSV Non-Reviews

@Moonchilde wrote:

I went to look at reviews for the TSV. Right on page 1 of the reviews are two non-reviews by people who do not own the sheets. There may well be more. People are using the Review section in this case to ask for a size not provided - which should be asked HERE, not in the Review area.

I don't understand how "reviews" that clearly indicate the "reviewer" has had zero experience with the product make it through any kind of screening. One of the reviews has had 18-19 "no" votes, and I would imagine some of those people reported it (as I did), but it's still there. 

One "review" was 4 stars, the other was 1 star. I would think QVC would want to get rid of a bogus 1-star review, but IMO a bogus 4-5 star review should not be left there either.

QVC often comes under fire from customers for manipulating reviews (we all know it). If they at least got rid of the non-reviews it would look like they were somewhat trying to be truthful.

@Moonchilde - I DO wish they would not accept "reviews" from  those who do not own the product and are just seeing it for the first time. Those "reviews" are frustrating, and there are quite a few of them online. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I completely agree with both of you!

I constantly see reviews starting, "I'd never pay that much for that"........etc., showing that they didn't even buy the item!

QVC needs to go to a system like Amazon has for reviews, they verify that you actually BOUGHT the item.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I completely agree with both of you!

I constantly see reviews starting, "I'd never pay that much for that"........etc., showing that they didn't even buy the item!

QVC needs to go to a system like Amazon has for reviews, they verify that you actually BOUGHT the item.

HSN does as well.  HSN will also not let you review an item until you've had it for 5 days. 

Honored Contributor

I've never understood why QVC finds any value in reviews from people who haven't even bought the product.  Makes no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

Contrary to what is claimed by QVC when you write a review, I don't believe human eyes ever look at these reviews. If humans DO read these reviews before they are allowed on the item page, then that would mean QVC is completely okay with reviews made by people who have zero exposure to the product. And people have said previously that they have reported reviews and they were never removed. Even when a clearly inappropriate review is reported, it stays. WHY? As I stated in the OP, one of them was 1-star. How does that benefit QVC?

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I've never understood why QVC finds any value in reviews from people who haven't even bought the product.  Makes no sense to me.

Well, I understand how 4-5 stars look on a page - impressive. I think QVC wants the stars to show regardless of the contents of the "review." But the 1-2 stars? That makes no sense.

I'll be interested to watch and see if either review is removed - or not removed - and particularly interested in whether the 1-star is removed but the 4-star isn't.

Another thought. The next time the product is shown, weeks or months from now, it will have a different item # and all of the reviews there now will be poofed. So maybe QVC thinks they don't need to bother with...cough...accuracy.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Contrary to what is claimed by QVC when you write a review, I don't believe human eyes ever look at these reviews. If humans DO read these reviews before they are allowed on the item page, then that would mean QVC is completely okay with reviews made by people who have zero exposure to the product. And people have said previously that they have reported reviews and they were never removed. Even when a clearly inappropriate review is reported, it stays. WHY? As I stated in the OP, one of them was 1-star. How does that benefit QVC?

There have been repeated attempts going back years, trying to get QVC to make its review system more accurate and meaningful.  I even complained to Corporate years ago about bogus reviews.  Nothing has ever changed.

In the past couple of months I noticed a review for a food item I'd purchased and it was clear, the 1-star review wasn't even for the same product!  It was mentioning flavors that didn't exist in the item reviewed.  I reported it and pointed out why.  That review is still there, which makes it clear that the PTB really just don't care.  (Or they've hired an outside company that just doesn't care, as long as it gets paid!)

I agree with you that no human eye ever reads the reviews before they're posted.  But at least, if someone takes the time to report a bogus review, it should be removed - whether it harms or helps the product and vendor.

Having said that, I think we're all just swimming against the current on this issue.  I don't think QVC will ever do anything to make their review system better.  I watch for certain reviewers that I know will be fair or I come on here and ask other posters what they think.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

There have been repeated attempts going back years, trying to get QVC to make its review system more accurate and meaningful.  I even complained to Corporate years ago about bogus reviews.  Nothing has ever changed.

In the past couple of months I noticed a review for a food item I'd purchased and it was clear, the 1-star review wasn't even for the same product!  It was mentioning flavors that didn't exist in the item reviewed.  I reported it and pointed out why.  That review is still there, which makes it clear that the PTB really just don't care.  (Or they've hired an outside company that just doesn't care, as long as it gets paid!)

I agree with you that no human eye ever reads the reviews before they're posted.  But at least, if someone takes the time to report a bogus review, it should be removed - whether it harms or helps the product and vendor.

Having said that, I think we're all just swimming against the current on this issue.  I don't think QVC will ever do anything to make their review system better.  I watch for certain reviewers that I know will be fair or I come on here and ask other posters what they think.

@Venezia, I know and ITA. QVC corporate has no shame in this and no desire for truthfulness or accuracy - never has had and probably never will have. They just want to be able to say Lookee All The Shiny Stars the product has. 

I'm noticing more and more that when some issues are posted asking for help/a response from the moderators, there is silence - because the moderators know what's what (that it'll never be addressed) and don't want to address it here.

I don't "rely" on reviews anywhere (even Amazon) before purchase, but I do make use of the accurate, truthful ones. I'm very good at tossing out the fakes. What is most annoying to me are the business ethics I see (or rather, don't see) from QVC. Whether I purchase somewhere is often a package deal for me - price, value, trust. If I don't trust that a company doesn't lie (about their products and also the way they do business), I think long and hard about giving them my business. I'd so much rather shop where I don't feel a potential scam around every corner.

Honored Contributor

I've frequently reported inaccurate reviews, usually situations where the person admits she hasn't even seen the product.  Earlier this week a person wrote a review on a completely different product that had nothing to do with what should have been reviewed.  Nothing is ever done about these erroneous reviews. 

This sort of thing reflects badly on QVC and make the company look foolish.  The review system needs much improvement. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment