Esteemed Contributor

I look at the Q forums quite a bit on my iPhones.

One day, my 1st phone no longer gave me the traditional mobile view.  Not an issue, as that was only my work phone.  But now my personal phone is doing the same thing!!  It's very difficult to come here occasionally now.

Does anyone have any idea why it does this and how to fix? I really haven't done anything new to either phone.

thank you!

This is what my screen looks like now, mobile setting:

IMG_3200.PNG

QVC Customer Care

Re: Mobile view

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego  We are very sorry for any inconvenience with viewing the community from your phone. I will gladly forward you concern and screen shot to the appropriate department for research.  

At the bottom of your phone do you have a message saying "Make page mobile-friendly? If so, try that and see if it changes the format.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego

Im on my iPhone. Your screen shot is a mobile view.

At the bottom of the list of threads it says Version: Mobile or Full and you need to choose Full.

QVC Customer Care

@lavinia5534 Thank you. I noticed the same type of message as well.  I was thinking the format needed to be changed on the particular phone.

Thanks again for the assist.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@lavinia5534 Thank you. I noticed the same type of message as well.  I was thinking the format needed to be changed on the particular phone.

Thanks to both of you, but I know that it's on mobile.  I admit that I switch back and forth between mobile and full version because full allows me to quote other posters and enables me to post photos (both of which I am unable to do when in mobile view).  I've very familar with the feature.

The issue is that it's so small and it's very difficult to read.  It was never this small before.  Something has changed and I didn't do anything knowingly to change it.  Maybe it's because I do switch back and forth between mobile & full so much?  

My phone was going between super small as shown and regular mobile, but now appears to be stuck on this small screen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Alter Ego wrote:

Paulette-QVC wrote:

Thanks to both of you, but I know that it's on mobile.  I admit that I switch back and forth between mobile and full version because full allows me to quote other posters and enables me to post photos (both of which I am unable to do when in mobile view).  I've very familar with the feature.

The issue is that it's so small and it's very difficult to read.  It was never this small before.  Something has changed and I didn't do anything knowingly to change it.  Maybe it's because I do switch back and forth between mobile & full so much?  

My phone was going between super small as shown and regular mobile, but now appears to be stuck on this small screen.

@Alter Ego, I tried quickly to look on my iPhone and the display size looks normal in full or mobile.    This website is excessively sensitive to cookies, cache, etc., so be sure to first close all apps running in the background and then go to Settings and clear history and website data.    Doing this will assure that the "advanced," complete data is deleted.  

Also, the problems on the site sometimes will cause an older bookmark to have problems and might set some unwanted variables that alter how the pages are displayed.

I always use a bookmark that defaults to the "full" or "desktop" setting.     Here's a link you could try that should take you to the general "Forums" list of topics and also default to the desktop view.   If it works, you might want to save it as a favorite or bookmark:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/forums?device-view=desktop

If that doesn't help, be sure to reply again.    I'm not feeling well, don't know if I'll be back tonight, but there are many wonderfully knowledgeable, helpful people here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@Alter Ego, I tried quickly to look on my iPhone and the display size looks normal.    This website is excessively sensitive to cookies, cache, etc., so be sure to first close all apps running in the background and then go to Settings and clear history and website data.    Doing this will assure that the "advanced," complete data is deleted.  

Also, the problems on the site sometimes will cause an older bookmark to have problems and might set some unwanted variables that alter how the pages are displayed.

I always use a bookmark that defaults to the "full" or "desktop" setting.     Here's a link you could try that should take you to the general "Forums" list of topics and also default to the desktop view.   If it works, you might want to save it as a favorite or bookmark:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/forums?device-view=desktop

If that doesn't help, be sure to reply again.    I'm not feeling well, don't know if I'll be back tonight, but there are many wonderfully knowledgeable, helpful people here.

Great ideas - I probably should have known about cleaning the cookies in my iPhone.  Don't know when or if I've ever done that before.

However, unfortunately, it didn't help.  Cleaned cookies on both phones (and my old chromebook just in case) and deleted the bookmark on both phones.  Restarted both phones.  Went in via qvc.com's (which looked fine) footer.  As soon as I was on the Forum vs Blog cover page, I could tell it was the same small size.  I prefer my old mobile view for general reading on my phone (only switching to full under certain circumstances)

I may not be a technical genius, but I can usually eventually figure things out.  But this has me stymied since I don't think I changed anything. 

Thanks everyone for your help. Any other ideas?  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, @Alter Ego!    Last night my mobile and desktop view looked fine...  this morning I now have the same thing you depicted in your screenshot.   The site now has far too many technical problems to list.    It appears in the process of messing with the code the tech support staff managed to alter the appearance of the mobile view (for iPhones, at least, not sure about other devices).   I agree with you that the new mobile display is far too difficult to use.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor
Sorry to hear that you're having the same problems now @dooBdoo Hope I didn't jinx you!! LOL

Although, also a little happy to know it's not just me. Hoping admin follow through and look into the issue.
Honored Contributor

Alter Ego wrote:
Sorry to hear that you're having the same problems now @dooBdoo Hope I didn't jinx you!! LOL

Although, also a little happy to know it's not just me. Hoping admin follow through and look into the issue.

Hee! 😁  No, no jinxing!   This site is a mess!    And we're all in it together, right?   (sigh)   This site has been among the worst I've encountered, technically speaking, beginning with the first time I used it years ago and continuing up 'til now.   At this point, I might rank it as the worst.    I have absolutely no confidence in the security/privacy here, and won't keep my personal info on file -- certainly no financial info.   I also have little confidence the tech problems will be resolved, overall.    A few band-aids will be slapped on and the site will limp along 'til the next major snafu.