On March 6th I signed on to QVC and they were offering a promo of 40.00 off your purchase if you applied for a QVC card. I applied and received the card and the offer. Upon checkout, the account was charged the full amount. I called and was told it would apply to my account in 6 to 8 weeks. 10 weeks later there is still no credit to my account. I have called and chatted and have not resolved anything. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Misleading advertisement?

it will appear in  your online QVC account and NOT your credit card account. when you go to checkout it will say you have a credit to use on your purchase. it does have an expiration date.

contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com if you cannot locate it and they should be able to help you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

@dmanns wrote:

On March 6th I signed on to QVC and they were offering a promo of 40.00 off your purchase if you applied for a QVC card. I applied and received the card and the offer. Upon checkout, the account was charged the full amount. I called and was told it would apply to my account in 6 to 8 weeks. 10 weeks later there is still no credit to my account. I have called and chatted and have not resolved anything. Has anyone else had this problem? 

@dmanns   I am sorry to see we are at 10 weeks and the credits have not been added.  We have noted the account and added the $40 Q-Card Promo Credits, they are available now.  Just FYI they do expire.  

Happy Shopping!!

Susan

Valued Contributor

Yes, it is misleading. I applied in March too because QVC hosts would say things like "If you apply for a Qcard, you will be getting this for free". You absolutely get no monetary credits to your account. You get merchandise credit only. That's what happened to me. 

Honored Contributor

I've always understood it to be a credit to be used against a future purchase.  It's not a refund or rebate.

Honored Contributor

@MissDior wrote:

Yes, it is misleading. I applied in March too because QVC hosts would say things like "If you apply for a Qcard, you will be getting this for free". You absolutely get no monetary credits to your account. You get merchandise credit only. That's what happened to me. 

@MissDior 

If you read the terms of these offers, they clearly state that the credit is in the form of credit towards future purchases.

In 26 years of shopping here, I've never heard a host say that an item they're presenting "would be free" if they took advantage of the credit offer.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

If you search the forums for qcard credit, there are a lot of threads that address the issue of the hosts misleading statements. 

For example "Kirsten announced that it would lower the D & B purse costs by $40.00."

"Sandra Bennett repeatedly says that you get this $40.00 statement credit.  Just Sunday night she said when you open your bill, you will see a nice $40.00 credit."

Having something stated in fine print does not give hosts permission to make misleading/false statements. 

Stop being catty.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MissDior wrote:

@MissDior 

If you read the terms of these offers, they clearly state that the credit is in the form of credit towards future purchases.

In 26 years of shopping here, I've never heard a host say that an item they're presenting "would be free" if they took advantage of the credit offer.

@KingstonsMom I've heard hosts say many times that if you got approved for the Q card how the item they are selling would be less whatever the promotion was. Whenever I hear that I cringe b/c it is absolutely not true and can be misleading to anyone watching.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MissDior wrote:

If you search the forums for qcard credit, there are a lot of threads that address the issue of the hosts misleading statements. 

For example "Kirsten announced that it would lower the D & B purse costs by $40.00."

"Sandra Bennett repeatedly says that you get this $40.00 statement credit.  Just Sunday night she said when you open your bill, you will see a nice $40.00 credit."

Having something stated in fine print does not give hosts permission to make misleading/false statements. 

Stop being catty.

@MissDior 

My sincere apologies, I truly wasn't trying to be "catty".

I have never heard this said in a presentation, although I admit that I rarely watch QVC anymore.

I'm sorry if you felt disrespected by my post, that was honestly not my intention, I was only relating my personal experience on this topic.

Forgiven?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

You are absolutely right though.  Most of the hosts word the sentence about the credit so it sounds like you'd be getting that money off the purchase you make when you apply for the card.  It IS VERY misleading.   HSN doesn't do that. They give you the dollar amount off the purchase you are making at the time you are approved for the card.  QVC makes it sound like you are gettng money back when that isn't the case at all.