Honored Contributor

Re: Minimum payment due Q CARD

@BalletBabe.   I think @loriqvc explained it very well.  I don't know how it could be more clear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Did you ever see a list of retailers who use this Sychrony Bank for their credit card?  Almost every major company in the US...dozens of them.  Apply for a company credit card and you'll probably be doing business with Sychrony.  Last year I applied for a Walmart account in order to get a $30., discount.  Guess whose name was on the credit card?  I got the discount but never activated the account, just wrote a check for the total and washed my hands of the deal.

@Kachina624  I do that at stores where I want to buy something for half price if they are offering the deal of half price if you register for credit card, or 25% off and they already have a 25% off sale.  Then pay it by debit card immediately and move on.

@Nonametoday.  I think they're getting wise to our scheme because now they say you'll get a credit on a later purchase.  In order words, you have to activate the account and use it in order to get the credit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't understand why the original poster is upset.  You MUST always pay the minimum amount due each month on time to avoid late fees.

Every  credit I have ever had states that.  It is normal and common and is listed in plain English.

No one gets special treatment.  CC companies treat everyone that way.

Respected Contributor

Why didn’t you pay the minimum?

Honored Contributor

I think the OP must not be familiar with credit cards, which is not a bad thing.  I wish I were not sometimes when the bills come due.  She probably does not understand minimum payments and how the bank hopes she will run this card up to the thousands and only pay minimum from now to eternity, thus charging her a ton of interest.

Occasional Contributor

I had a return in process which would have brought the minimum due fully paid.  I understand credit cards, thanks for explaining to those who are trying to educate me.

My return was for an easy pay of $19.25 but when they took out $6.95 plus a return of 

S/H of $2.99 it ended up as a credit of $9.31, $3.29 to short.  I learned my lesson not watching the S/H on returns. 

Valued Contributor

I think I get YOUR point- You thought the minimum due ($25) was ridiculous and one would "assume" that on such a close amount to the total amount you owed- was over-kill- And I agree- however- if it says minimum due-- then you should have just paid the whole bill off- since these crooks don't care if you think their policies are outrageous- that's just how they do business- IF this is YOUR FIRST TIME getting penalized- CALL THEM-- they'll probably take it off as long as  your credit has been good up to that time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank:

Years ago, when I joined Sam's Club, they offered $50 off if you got their Sam's CC (issued by Synchrony Bank).

In all the years I used it I had no problems since I paid the full balance each month.

Fast forward to years later and since it's now just DH and I, I just wasn't buying much in bulk to make it worth the annual fee to belong to Sam's.

I called Sam's to cancel my membership, no problem and a very nice rep. to deal with.

THEN, the rep said she had to transfer me to Synchrony Bank to cancel the Sam's CC, since it was issued by them, okay.

Boy was the Synchrony rep. nasty! They tried every way possible to talk me out of closing their CC account, I know that's probably their job, but being so nasty about it sure wasn't.

The Synchrony rep finally yelled at me, " You DO realize that once you cancel your Sam's membership, you can NEVER open one again, RIGHT?!!"

I asked her if she was not only yelling at me, but threatening me?

She didn't know what to say then, so I cracked up laughing in her face and hung up.

No more Synchrony Bank for me, ever!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I've stopped & started my Sam's Club membership often over the years.

They are aways very nice.

But I hear you about the credit card company!

It's a racket, that & the credit score fiasco, and we are the losers

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Re: Synchrony Bank:

Years ago, when I joined Sam's Club, they offered $50 off if you got their Sam's CC (issued by Synchrony Bank).

In all the years I used it I had no problems since I paid the full balance each month.

Fast forward to years later and since it's now just DH and I, I just wasn't buying much in bulk to make it worth the annual fee to belong to Sam's.

I called Sam's to cancel my membership, no problem and a very nice rep. to deal with.

THEN, the rep said she had to transfer me to Synchrony Bank to cancel the Sam's CC, since it was issued by them, okay.

Boy was the Synchrony rep. nasty! They tried every way possible to talk me out of closing their CC account, I know that's probably their job, but being so nasty about it sure wasn't.

The Synchrony rep finally yelled at me, " You DO realize that once you cancel your Sam's membership, you can NEVER open one again, RIGHT?!!"

I asked her if she was not only yelling at me, but threatening me?

She didn't know what to say then, so I cracked up laughing in her face and hung up.

No more Synchrony Bank for me, ever!

Valued Contributor

@Duffsmom wrote:

I had a return in process which would have brought the minimum due fully paid.  I understand credit cards, thanks for explaining to those who are trying to educate me.

My return was for an easy pay of $19.25 but when they took out $6.95 plus a return of 

S/H of $2.99 it ended up as a credit of $9.31, $3.29 to short.  I learned my lesson not watching the S/H on returns. 

Still makes no sense.  How would 19,25 cover a 25 dollar payment.  And at most banks, a refund does not count  as a minimum payment.