Occasional Contributor

Received my QVC bill and the minimum payment due was $25.00 and my

balance was $31.65.

What's up with that?  Why not say pay the whole bill or you'll get charged 

a late payment.

I paid half and now this months bill there's a late fee charge of $25.00 because I 

didn't pay the $25.00 last month.  $25.00 minimum payment for $31.65???

Give all the newbies $5, $10 & more but charge those of us who have been

with QVC over 20 yrs and using the Q card a high minimum payment.

Good bye Q CARD!!   I'll never use you again

Honored Contributor

Re: Minimum payment due Q CARD

You have got to pay your bill in full when it's due or you will pay dearly. The Q Card interest rates are astronomical. If you can't pay your bill in full with the Q card get a card that has a much lower interest rate.

Valued Contributor

You do realize that is how credit cards work?  It is a bank credit card.  QVC really has nothing to do with how credit cards work.  Most credit cards have a minimum payment of 25 dollars or 1% of your billed balance, whichever is greater. 

Trusted Contributor

QVC doesn’t actually manage the credit cards, it’s Synchrony bank.  Most credit cards also have a minimum payment which for the Qcard may be $25.00

I understand what you’re saying about the minimum payment in relation to your full balance, but there is no credit card that lets one pick the amount you want to pay less than the balance.    Every single card would impose a late fee for that. 

Valued Contributor

Just paid off my qvc card and will never use it again.  Can't trust the RETURNS DEPARTMENT, after noting certain things on their computer and return they hardly ever return the proper amount

Honored Contributor

Did you ever see a list of retailers who use this Sychrony Bank for their credit card?  Almost every major company in the US...dozens of them.  Apply for a company credit card and you'll probably be doing business with Sychrony.  Last year I applied for a Walmart account in order to get a $30., discount.  Guess whose name was on the credit card?  I got the discount but never activated the account, just wrote a check for the total and washed my hands of the deal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Did you ever see a list of retailers who use this Sychrony Bank for their credit card?  Almost every major company in the US...dozens of them.  Apply for a company credit card and you'll probably be doing business with Sychrony.  Last year I applied for a Walmart account in order to get a $30., discount.  Guess whose name was on the credit card?  I got the discount but never activated the account, just wrote a check for the total and washed my hands of the deal.

@Kachina624  I do that at stores where I want to buy something for half price if they are offering the deal of half price if you register for credit card, or 25% off and they already have a 25% off sale.  Then pay it by debit card immediately and move on.

Honored Contributor

@DuffsmomWhatever card you use to buy anything from any company will work the same way.  If you don't pay the MINIMUM, you end up paying interest.

What have you been paying with all those 20 years you were buying things that you don't know how a credit card works?  I'm stunned.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Duffsmom wrote:

Received my QVC bill and the minimum payment due was $25.00 and my

balance was $31.65.

What's up with that?  Why not say pay the whole bill or you'll get charged 

a late payment.

I paid half and now this months bill there's a late fee charge of $25.00 because I 

didn't pay the $25.00 last month.  $25.00 minimum payment for $31.65???

Give all the newbies $5, $10 & more but charge those of us who have been

with QVC over 20 yrs and using the Q card a high minimum payment.

Good bye Q CARD!!   I'll never use you again

@Duffsmom - If your charge is listed as a late fee, it's because you didn't pay on time. If you truly paid only half of the minimum required payment instead of the full amount specified, you would be charged for interest as well. There's a reason why it's called the "minimum amount due" on your bill—you can't pay less without consequences. (And $25 is the contractually stipulated minimum, so even though your total balance was close to that amount, as long as the amount you owe is more than $25, you would need to pay at least the required $25 to be in good standing with your account.)

I love my QVC card specifically because I don't pay a penny in interest as long as I pay the minimum balance due each month when I've selected Easy Pay plans for my purchases. It is very helpful around the holidays when I want to buy multiple items as gifts and pay for them over a few months instead of all at once.

Esteemed Contributor

This post makes no sense. Q sends me a statement every month no matter what CC I have used.   Don't everyone get that?  I think only if you use easy pay, but not positive.  I try to not use easy pay and if I do I make sure I like the item,  and then pay it off. 

To the OP you can call Syncrony and they can help you understand your bill easier then looking for help here.