Esteemed Contributor

You gave a reason for locking a thread as abuse of notices. I might be guilty but I didn’t know there was such a thing. What is the guide line for that? A certain number? 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
QVC Customer Care

@Nancy Drew wrote:

You gave a reason for locking a thread as abuse of notices. I might be guilty but I didn’t know there was such a thing. What is the guide line for that? A certain number? 

There is no certain number.  However, when lots of posters are alerting us to one thread, that's an issue.  It's been going on all night and we've been watching that thread and cleaning it up.  There comes a time when the whole thing has to go.  I hope that clears it up for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for responding. I am going to police myself then with common sense and just exit after 2.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Melvin-QVC

[ Edited ]

Itching reporting fingers seem to be more axtive lately and working overtime.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Thank you for responding. I am going to police myself then with common sense and just exit after 2.

@Nancy Drew.  A number of years ago a poster told us she was banned for reporting too many posts. I forget why she was doing it but did get it straightened out so she could post again. 

Honored Contributor

I just  do not post of a thread that I feel is not to my liking... I would not report anyone.  Everyone can just choose not to post on a thread they do not like.  Maybe others like the thread.... different strokes for different folks.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew.  A number of years ago a poster told us she was banned for reporting too many posts. I forget why she was doing it but did get it straightened out so she could post again. 

I was never banned or anything. I don’t even know if I was who they meant. I just wanted to know the guidelines. I would think the ones breaking the rules that need reporting would go first. Just trying to own my stuff in a way. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I was never banned or anything. I don’t even know if I was who they meant. I just wanted to know the guidelines. I would think the ones breaking the rules that need reporting would go first. Just trying to own my stuff in a way. 

🙄

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just  do not post of a thread that I feel is not to my liking... I would not report anyone.  Everyone can just choose not to post on a thread they do not like.  Maybe others like the thread.... different strokes for different folks.

I see what you mean but I wanted to join in that thread. Others were ruining it with their political digs. I wanted to respond but as politics are against the rules I didn’t. So that means the rule breaker got to enjoy it but the ones who didn’t had to leave or just put up with it. I think that is what QVC is trying to avoid.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Melvin-QVC

[ Edited ]

In case this is helpful, I wanted to add that the "QVC Community Standards for Participation" include this:

"Please do not...  use the “Report Abuse” function excessively..."

Beyond that, we respect the QVC Social Team to determine what's considered excessive.  The same as @proudlyfromNJ said, I've seen a couple of posters mention being banned for reporting posts or threads (obviously temporary bans since they were here to tell us).   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova