Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the Mods can explain this E mail I received

[ Edited ]

I was being flooded with constant promotional e mails from QVC so almost a year ago I went into my E mail preferences and set the notifications to only receive notifies from the following two categories:  order status and Customer Care for order confirmations, shipping notifications and returned merchandise notifies and I also set up a show reminder notify for Judith Ripka shows.  I opted out of all other promotional notifies.  

This morning I received a E mail with the heading "Just Reduced Prices Shop Now!" Pushing reduced price items from the Q.

I rechecked my e mail preferences to make sure they were still set to my prior choices and they look fine so why am I suddenly receiving a E Mail,promotion I DO NOT WANT AND AM NOT REGISTERED TO RECEIVE.  Explanation wanted please.

Respected Contributor

Re: Maybe the Mods can explain this E mail I received

Maybe there are some Judith Ripka pieces included in the sale (?)

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I think when they do something like this or all day easy pay etc. they send the email to all customers that have an email address in their file. I am sure they do it so no customer can say they didn't recieve the information about what they consider a huge sale or special deal. If you start getting a lot more of these type of emails like you were in the past then I would call customer service to see what you have to do to block them. A lot of times also when marketing sets up a new file with information to go out to customers they don't edit it so it just goes to everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

No The show notifications are only for the date and time of the shows no other identifiers in those notifies.  And when I  opted out of promotional E mails I expect my request to be honored and not for QVC to decide when and under what circumstances they can override my settings and send me e mails I do not want.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that quite often I have to check my notifications (not only with QVC but with other websites I'm registered on, especially eBay) because for some reason it will default to picking notifications that I don't want.  Often NOTHING is marked when I go to check!  So I'll cancel the entire thing and mark my preferences AGAIN and make sure the page is accepted.

I doubt if the IT team here would even recognize that this is happening, but it's something I just do now.  I was receiving SO MUCH email from the Q (a lot at night so I had to turn off my sound)... that I finally checked NO EMAILS (whatsoever!) and I seem to have done ok for quite a while now.  I continue to check though.....

I  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Yes but my settings were still fine exactly as I set them months ago.

Honored Contributor

I suppose getting an occasional email irritates some people -  here's my suggestion for QVC:  Send me no more emails than the number of posts I make on the Forums.  You give me free access here, so I don't mind giving you free access to my email although I don't promise to open them before I hit delete.

Honored Contributor

The notificatons aren't reliable. For years, I received advance notifications in several categories and then, with one of the many... 'upgrades'... they stopped. I never changed my settings. While on the phone one day with CS, I asked about it and they said something about settings being changed erroneously during said 'upgrade' but noted they would reset them... It never happened. I've signed up for advance notifications time and again since then, even using other email addresses, but I still don't get them... Go figure... I do tend to get emails about some of those things I selected years ago, though at this point, I'll probalby go in and unselect them all. There's very little of interest here anymore... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

QVC is doing is to all of us.  I posted a complaint and "SUSAN" responded and said she would remove me from these annoying emails but it might take ten days.  I'm still getting them so............I've marked all QVC incoming mail as.....JUNK.  If I buy something I'll pick that information out of the garbage bin.  More than one way to skin a cat - my Mother use to say.

Respected Contributor

Same thing with me.  My preferences say I only want to receive confirmation of purchases, yet I've been getting several promotional emails, plus a useless monthly summary.  It's not the end of the world but it does annoy me.