Regular Contributor

Maybe I'm just from the wrong generation,but....

I have been on hold for several minutes.  The music played while you wait for a CS representative is EXTREMELY loud and certainly not putting me in a good mood.  I actually need to hold the phone away from my ear.  Whatever happened to what is affectionately referred to as "elevator music".  I would think that QVC would want people relaxed and in a pleasant frame of mind after waiting to speak with someone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe I'm just from the wrong generation,but....

I have a volume control on my phone, fortunately, so I just turn it down while I put the "music-on-hold" on speaker phone until some one comes on the line.

Honored Contributor

They hope you will hang up

I usually put my phone on speakerphone and walk away.

@Tuppermore wrote:

I have been on hold for several minutes.  The music played while you wait for a CS representative is EXTREMELY loud and certainly not putting me in a good mood.  I actually need to hold the phone away from my ear.  Whatever happened to what is affectionately referred to as "elevator music".  I would think that QVC would want people relaxed and in a pleasant frame of mind after waiting to speak with someone.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you're from the wrong generation then so am I.  I haven't called QVC's customer service, but I had to call Petco's not too long ago and it was brutal.  This was right before Christmas, too.  You'd think they would play Christmas music but apparently not.  Certain brick and mortar stores are no better.  I only go into our local Talbot's to make a quick return or pick something up I called to place on hold.  I don't stick around because the music there is so loud.  Talbot's, of all places.  :-)

Honored Contributor

I've been known to walk out of stores due to the loud,  obnoxious music they were playing.   They need to make selections the most conservative customer could tolerate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's not just 'hold' music that's gone off the rails, it's store and restaurant music too... More and more I find I just want to wrap up my shopping and leave because the music being played is just flat out too loud and too annoying...

Clearly, some enterprising imbicile has convinced today's breed of managers that annoying customers is a good thing... Because truly, no one chooses to be on hold... and other, perhaps, than teens and some young adults, few people are going to seek out shopping venues or restaurants for the canned music they play.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If there's any company that plays "my" music while I'm on hold, I haven't called them in the past 5 or 6 years.  They all play annoying noise IMO.  There's no reason for it to be so loud -  it's not as if I want to know anything except that I haven't been disconnected.

Esteemed Contributor

I use to work in a very busy supermarket...the music was loud and annoying...and there way always someone screeching on the overhead speaker for price checks or for other employees...

I could tell how angry the customers were when they got in line and now had to wait their turn to be checked out....

When i retired...I never went back there to shop...I had enough with all the years of noise...

Super Contributor

I don't know what is wrong with our country and don't know if other countries

in the world are like this.. but why do we have to have music everywhere....

last summer I was at a gas station and they were actually piping music

outside for the gas pumps....Too much...

Honored Contributor

I'm with you

I love music but I also appreciate silence.

@Big Joanie wrote:

I don't know what is wrong with our country and don't know if other countries

in the world are like this.. but why do we have to have music everywhere....

last summer I was at a gas station and they were actually piping music

outside for the gas pumps....Too much...