Super Contributor

A few weeks ago I returned a defective item and asked for a replacement. After almost two weeks, I contacted QVC via chat and was told that I have been given a refund. I let the rep know that I had requested a replacement and was told that they send one out. A day or two later, I received an email stating that a replacement would arrive in 7-10 days. Then I emailed to see if I would be contacted when the item shipped out; I was told I was given a refund instead; after numerous back and forth emails, I was told to call and they would fix it. When I called I was told they couldn't do anything since they had given me a refund. ARGH! I've given up. I just wanted a replacement.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Honored Contributor

@tl98466.  Why didn't you contact our board moderators here under "Customer Care"?  They could have easily fixed your problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@tl98466 I'm so sorry to hear you had that experience. If I'm researching the correct item that you returned, our records show a replacement is currently unavailable. If I'm incorrect and you show the item is available, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with the item. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you had that difficulty.  I just sent two (separate) items back for exchanges.  I hope it works out okay because years ago a couple of times I asked for an exchange instead of refund and both times I got a refund with no explanation.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I'm sorry you had that difficulty.  I just sent two (separate) items back for exchanges.  I hope it works out okay because years ago a couple of times I asked for an exchange instead of refund and both times I got a refund with no explanation.

I had problems with this too, then a CS rep told me if the item is not in stock when they process the return, they will refund your money. It may show up the next day, but it has to be in stock right then for them to sent a replacement. HTH a little. It is frustrating! 

Trusted Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@tl98466 I'm so sorry to hear you had that experience. If I'm researching the correct item that you returned, our records show a replacement is currently unavailable. If I'm incorrect and you show the item is available, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with the item. 

Then why the heck didn't someone just TELL her that?

Honored Contributor

@tl98466  First, the CS reps that work on this board are FANTASTIC and do everything they can to help you; they appear to have more power/insight than the ones that answer the phones when you call QVC. FOr this reason, many choose to come here with issues vs calling CS over and over and over again to deal with a problem.

Second. The problems of the "free exchange" has been documented more than a hundred times on these forums because it doesn't work well. It was a CS supervisor who suggested to me that if I could, follow this procedure:

*Call CS and inform the person who are exchanging ABC for XYZ. 

*You are going to PAY UPFRONT for the exchanged item but want free shipping because the one coming back is damaged/doesn't work for whatever reason, which is why you're ordering a replacement.

*You want FREE shipping for the return due to it being defective (you had to buy a replacement).

*You do it ALL through the CS rep.

I have not once had an issue when doing it this way. Good luck to you!